cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DID NOT expect a Discover It APPROVAL!!! (update pg 2)

tag
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

DID NOT expect a Discover It APPROVAL!!! (update pg 2)

Oh wow. I told myself that I wouldn't app for anything until 2014 because I was so sure I wouldn't qualify for anything until then. Yet recent events has enabled me to just... do so anyway. I figured why not. I went over to Discover It... submitted the application...and bam. Instant approval. I'm shaking. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS.

I don't know what my credit limit is but I am just shocked they APPROVED THE APPLICATION!!! AHHH I'm so excited!!! Is Discover It a good card? What can I expect?!?!? If I was approved for that, what are my chances with Chase Freedom? I'm so giddy. Ahhhh

edit: It was a 1,000 instant approval. Wow! It's not my highest CL ( Amazon is presently ) BUT IT'S STILL amazing! YAY!

edit: currently pending decision for chase freedom. guess we'll see where that goes.

edit: $500 conditional approval once we do the verification Monday. Could not have done it without MyFico forums. Smiley Happy Thank you all SO MUCH!

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: DID NOT expect a Discover It APPROVAL!!!

@PleioneG wrote:

Oh wow. I told myself that I wouldn't app for anything until 2014 because I was so sure I wouldn't qualify for anything until then. Yet recent events has enabled me to just... do so anyway. I figured why not. I went over to Discover It... submitted the application...and bam. Instant approval. I'm shaking. I WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS.

I don't know what my credit limit is but I am just shocked they APPROVED THE APPLICATION!!! AHHH I'm so excited!!! Is Discover It a good card? What can I expect?!?!? If I was approved for that, what are my chances with Chase Freedom? I'm so giddy. Ahhhh

edit: It was a 1,000 instant approval. Wow! It's not my highest CL ( Amazon is presently ) BUT IT'S STILL amazing! YAY!

Congrats! I know the feeling.....I was just approved tonight too!  

From what I've read Discover's CL will grow. As far as Chase is concerned I do not have enough revolving history under my belt (less than 6 mos) but YMMV. 

When I called they said the card will be here in 4-6 days.  I can't wait!!!

Message 2 of 28
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

YAY US! I'm dying to app for Chase Freedom but the spouse said no. He doesn't want to go beyond our means... which I agree. Boo.

I hope Discover does grow with us then. Hopefully more than Capital One has.

Message 3 of 28
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Discover approval!  I think you have a good chance at getting the Freedom.  Having these two cards will give you good opportunities to earn cash back.

Good luck if you decide to pull the trigger on Freedom.  Smiley Happy

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 4 of 28
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

Congrats and welcome to the Discover family! Treat them well and in six months they will show you some luv

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 28
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Re: DID NOT expect a Discover It APPROVAL!!! (Waiting for Chase)

So we bit the bullet and I convinced my husband to let me try for Chase anyway. After all, if I can get Chase that will be IT as far as credit cards.

The decision came back as pending. That puts me at unease. I hope that is a good sign.

Message 6 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@PleioneG wrote:

So we bit the bullet and I convinced my husband to let me try for Chase anyway. After all, if I can get Chase that will be IT as far as credit cards.

The decision came back as pending. That puts me at unease. I hope that is a good sign.

Give them a call in the morning.  Let us know how it went and good luck!

Message 7 of 28
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

Some times its just identity verification and Chase is great with recons. Call the back door number tomorrow AM and keep us posted. Good luck!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 28
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I was approved through recon for the Chase Freedom. My card just arrived yesterday. Good Luck! Keep us posted. :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Recon if not approved! I got a $5,000 Freedom on recon...the third recon haha that is!

Good luck!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.