Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DINERS CLUB LIMBO

tag
Lemondrops63
Valued Member

Re: DINERS CLUB LIMBO

I'll share with you all my experience with DC. I applied 15th Oct and had my pin 7 days later proceeding with my card few days after. Than I app for my second card 28th Oct and received both pin and card this pass Saturday. I was approved for $30,00.00 each with a score 716 Transunion. It seems tho wkend apps are a problem. However, good luck to those that are still waiting.
Message 81 of 120
aav
Established Contributor

Awesome! Ty for sharing! I'm interested in a 2nd app. But waiting a few months.

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 82 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys are making me want to app the Elite just to see if they really are just taking this long because of an unexpected amount of apps, or if they've "lost" my app.

Smiley Tongue

Message 83 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You guys are making me want to app the Elite just to see if they really are just taking this long because of an unexpected amount of apps, or if they've "lost" my app.

Smiley Tongue

Nixon, I app'd on Friday and was told i was approved this morning. The csr said that i was actually approved yesterday and the card was sent out last night. SO, you're app should be done by now! Have you called in and insisted on speaking with underwriting? M argument with them would be that every other CC company would have had you the card by now (if you were approved of course) so their is no excuse for this.. Keep calling!

Message 84 of 120
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Tongue

Nixon, I app'd on Friday and was told i was approved this morning. The csr said that i was actually approved yesterday and the card was sent out last night. SO, you're app should be done by now! Have you called in and insisted on speaking with underwriting? M argument with them would be that every other CC company would have had you the card by now (if you were approved of course) so their is no excuse for this.. Keep calling!

Congrats. You finally got  some closure.  Now wait for pin In a week. Then card.  Congrats again 

Message 85 of 120
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Tongue

I wouldn't say it's lost.  I'm sure everyone's applications who received the 7-15 day message have to go through some manual review (depending what caused the exception).  You've seen folks have reported their denials (whether BK, or address issues).  However, I would hold off on the Elite until you get confirmation on the Premier (whther denied or approved); hopefully approved.  Othewise, you will be back on the same "uncertainty" spot, with two applications.

Message 86 of 120
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Tongue

Your argument is flawed.  Diners is not every other credit card company and there are other lenders like Santander who take their sweet old time soooo.  This is something one needs to consider when applying with various lenders, regardless if you think it's an excuse.

Message 87 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Tongue

I wouldn't say it's lost.  I'm sure everyone's applications who received the 7-15 day message have to go through some manual review (depending what caused the exception).  You've seen folks have reported their denials (whether BK, or address issues).  However, I would hold off on the Elite until you get confirmation on the Premier (whther denied or approved); hopefully approved.  Othewise, you will be back on the same "uncertainty" spot, with two applications.

Yeah I know, I'm just annoyed it's taking this long.

OTOH I could wind up with two pretty cards just like you! Smiley Tongue

Message 88 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lemondrops63 wrote:
I'll share with you all my experience with DC. I applied 15th Oct and had my pin 7 days later proceeding with my card few days after. Than I app for my second card 28th Oct and received both pin and card this pass Saturday. I was approved for $30,00.00 each with a score 716 Transunion. It seems tho wkend apps are a problem. However, good luck to those that are still waiting.

Thats great CL, congrats

Message 89 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add my info to the mix, I app'd for the Premier card this morning at 10:35AM and received the 7 - 15 day message. I called at 12:08PM for fun just to see what they would say, if I could find out anything, etc. Mind you, I haven't even seen a inq hit my report yet, TU or otherwise. However, the surprisingly helpful CSR said that she sees my app in the system and that it is pending. From there I asked about average turnaround from pending to the next step, how fast are cards getting out, are they seeing any issues with it being such a new product, basically, anything I could get out of her.

Her answer: "We have received an overwhelming response to the product, far more than we thought, and that she was actually brought over from the existing platform (BMO?) to help handle the workload, etc. That they had some issues initially, but things are running much smoother now. I interjected "like apps getting lost"? That's why I hesitated to apply because I read some people took a hit on their credit, but when calling in their file was lost. She responded "exactly". She was very polished in her responses, so I don't doubt she was an CSR with some level of experience.

From there I refocused on my app and she said it typically takes 5 to 7 days, but that I could call back around the same time Friday and they should be able to tell me something.

So, what I can gather from this, at least as it applies to me is:

- The app process seems to be fixed to some degree as the were able to find it and verify it's status just over 1 1/2 hours later;

- The 7 - 15 message still seems to indicate something other that a instant denial at the very least;

- That if you get an account, it will be in the system in the inital 2 to 3 days like initally thought based on saying I could call back on Friday, 3 business days.

Outside of that, I will call later tonight close to the close of the CS hours and see if I can get any more info.

AdCred1

Message 90 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.