Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCO CLI denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCO CLI denied

So, I have had my Discover IT card since June 2016. I started with a $6500 limit and on March 20th I recieved an Auto CLI to $8500 and then I logged in and asked for a CLI and got another $1200 for a $9700 total CLI. Today has been over 30 day's since asking for that last CLI and I was denied. Do you think I should wait an additional 30 days before asking again?

I currently have:

Regions CC 12k limit

AMEX BCE 11.5k limit

Discover IT 9.7k limit

Macy's 6.4k limit

Inquiries around 4-5 I belive

TU 773

EQ 756

EX ?

100-120k income

utilization on DISCO 0% when I asked, and overall around 1%

I ran $4500 through my card from June until end of 2016 and always PIF, have run around $2000 through it so far this year.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISCO CLI denied

Why not...I say yes..it's a SP...good luck!!Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If the reason comes back as "Insufficient experience with current credit limit," you're on the 60 or 90 day cycle.  I am on the 90 day myself, also opened in June 2016 and have put in a little over $8k in spend on it.  Hoping that June brings a sizeable increase instead of the tiny $500 I got each of the past two 90-day cycles.

Also, Discover offers a free monthly EX FICO 08 at creditscorecard.com - you don't even have to have a Discover card, but for those of us who do, it's nice to get both TU and EX for free every month.

ETA: Also you should have a monthly EX FICO 08 on your AmEx account and yes, go for it at the 61 day mark, it's a SP.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

All the denial said was "we are unable to grant you credit limit increase at this time" or somthing along those lines and say's I will recieve a letter of explanation within 3-5 business days. I definately plan on waiting another 30 day's which will put me 60 day's after my previous CLI. I just wasn't sure If I should try again sooner? May 21st I will have had my AMEX BCE 61+ days and I plan on asking for 3x increase. I just desperately want to get my DISCO over 10k lol.

Message 4 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

3-5 for me has always been a letter with "Not enough experience..." which means too early.  When I did it exactly 91 or more days after my previous CLI, they have granted them.  After the last big one ($7k I think) my wife gets 2 day messages and would either get a small increase showing up 48 hours later or a letter with the "Not enough experience..." explanation in the mail the following week.  Try again on day 61 after your last CLI, if no go try on day 91.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

awesome! thank's for your help!

Off of this current topic, Given my current CC accounts, I would like to possibly get one more card.

I do travel internationally but really once once a year maybe, What would you recommend given my current portfolio?

I would really like to achieve 100k+ in Credit across credit card's with a few as possible.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try again next month SEMO sorry it declined you but like doingit said it's a SP so no harm done! 😉
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.