cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Point / feedback request for Discover 90 day CLI - not approved.

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Data Point / feedback request for Discover 90 day CLI - not approved.

Applied and was approved for a $4,500 SL back in February. In March I BT'd some of my mom's medical debt (~$4,200) onto the card, as her Freedom intro APR was going to expire. 

The first statement cut on 3/26 with payment due on 4/21. I made my first $400 payment before it was due. Another statement cut 4/26 and payment is due 5/21. I'll make another $400 payment on Thursday when I get paid. In the mean time, I've hit 90+ days since account opening, and thought I would go for a 90 day CLI. No bueno. Letter states insufficient experience at currently limit. 

I'm thinking that I might try for another CLI after my 3rd statement cuts, and hope I can get a little breathing room on this card. I can't blame them for not giving me a CLI, since in 90 days I've only made one $400 payment to them. Do you think asking for a CLI after each statement cut is overkill? I know some people get better results going every 60-90 days, but since I haven't received my first CLI, I don't know what kind of cycle I'm on yet. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Data Point / feedback request for Discover 90 day CLI - not approved.

Go for it. For a time I was hitting them up every monday trying to figure out their timing.  Eventually I figured out every other month was ideal for my account.  Some get better results every 30 days and other every 90 days.  Since they jacked up their systems back in March though it's up in the air as to what's the best timing now.  It's always a SP unless you request a HP to jump higher than they're offering at the time of the SP request.

I've noticed with other though with a significant BT tend to be on the holding pattern until paid off but then see a big CLI right after.  Just like with any bank though it could be like playing darts with a blind fold on when it comes to how things actually work since they can change things as often as the second hand spins around the clock.

Message 2 of 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Data Point / feedback request for Discover 90 day CLI - not approved.

A few days after your 3rd statement cuts, try again. That's what happened to me. I requested CLI at 91 days but only 2 statements had cut. I got the same letter, so tried again after 3rd Stmt cut and got a $1,500 CLI. I will request my next one after 3 more statements cut because I don't want to do it at 60 days and get only a $500 CLI.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.