Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for BCE

tag
EDGE1230
Contributor

Declined for BCE

i was declined today  for the BCE card with amex.  I currently have the delta gold amex which is about 5 months old. ( was denied the 3x cli in december).    The Rep said it was for my fico score.  and cited a score of 677 from experian from a soft pull completed on 2/12/2015.  My fico shows my exp fico as 685.  I dont understand why i would be declined for the fico as the reason because i was approved for the delta card with a 670 FICO.   Maybe stricter UW guidelines ?   Is this something that is worth a recon?  or does amex even really do a recon ?  .   My 90 days is up from the 3x cli decline on march 15th as well so i have that to consider.

MY FICO: EQ: 646/ TU 675/ EXP 665.

Cap 1 qs1 ( 3k) - Chase Southwest Premiere( 5k) - Chase Marriott (5k) - -AMEX DELTA (2k) - Barclays Rewards ( 2500) - Credit One ( 1000) - BOA cash rewards ( 1k) - BOA Travel Rewards (1K) Synchrony dicks ( 3500) - HSN ( 1750) Buckle (2550), lowes (6k), NFCU (1900),
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Declined for BCE

Stricter UW and no Amex won't recon unless their is an error on your report. Sorry.
Message 2 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Blue has the more strict UW of any of the revolver.

Message 3 of 12
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@EDGE1230 wrote:

i was declined today  for the BCE card with amex.  I currently have the delta gold amex which is about 5 months old. ( was denied the 3x cli in december).    The Rep said it was for my fico score.  and cited a score of 677 from experian from a soft pull completed on 2/12/2015.  My fico shows my exp fico as 685.  I dont understand why i would be declined for the fico as the reason because i was approved for the delta card with a 670 FICO.   Maybe stricter UW guidelines ?   Is this something that is worth a recon?  or does amex even really do a recon ?  .   My 90 days is up from the 3x cli decline on march 15th as well so i have that to consider.

Wait until your current Amex card reaches 1 year in age, uses it frequently to show you are the type that actually uses their card. Pay it off on time, all the time, wait for another CLI and after all that has happened the BCE should be easy for you to get! Don't get anymore HP's anymore between now and then. 

Good luck!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 12
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Why not call and see if you can PC to the BCE?  I had the Gold, was denied the BCE via online app but was able to PC from the Delta.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 5 of 12
msaigh
New Contributor

I agree with 

TU 798 / 1 INQ, EQ 794 / 1 INQ, EX 789 / 7 INQ, AAoA 3.7 years as of 2016-07-12
Message 6 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

Why not call and see if you can PC to the BCE?  I had the Gold, was denied the BCE via online app but was able to PC from the Delta.

Guess you lucked out. I just called and was told not possible to pc to BCE. I will have to app then move Delta limit over after 13th statement. I thought that to be the case. But after seeing this I thought maybe policy changed.

Message 7 of 12
msaigh
New Contributor

That's correct. You can PC a cash back to another cash back or a miles/points card to another miles/points card after the 13th statement. Amex will not PC a miles/points card to a cash back card, or vise versa.

Message 8 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ok so I could do Delta to ED? Miles/points right?
Message 9 of 12
msaigh
New Contributor

I was able to do just that. I had to wait 13 months because I wanted to move from a AF card to a non AF card.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.