Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Amex Chances/Requirements

tag
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

Re: Delta Amex Chances/Requirements

Why Delta? You should go for the Everyday, I was approved with a 661 EX score and two old negatives.

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 11 of 25
bobbay
Established Contributor

I am not sure it matters but when i apped i was purchasing a ticket and apped from the delta site at checkout.  I know others will say its the same no matter where you app but i put in my ff# and apped from delta website.  Good luck whatever you do!  

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 12 of 25
sisyphus_project
New Contributor

Have you signed up or Delta's frequent flyer? They sent me an offfer 3 weeks after signing up, for Amex Delta gold 50k+50 statement credit. You should apply when its 50k,the current deal on Amex is only 30k

I've been a DL medallion of various ilk for ... five years now, and I get various adverts on a bi-weekly basis. I'll check to see what the current offer they're sending me is.

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Gold or Plat or Reserve Delta are alll same UW requirements...  Your score of 665 will get you approved most likely with a 1-3k limit.. The problem is your Utilization....  Get that down to at least under 30% then apply as your score will be higher and thus a better CL.. I doubt you would get approved with your currently utilization now and you are smart enough to realize that..  Get it down and you will be approved without a doubt as most likely your EX score will go up by 20-40 points (just a guess)..  You are set once you get utilization under control.

Regarding the few baddies I wouldn't stress about them as much although in an ideal world you wouldnt have any.  I got approved with several lates on student loans and a few CO's all > 3 years old..  

+1000 to what CreditCuriousity said.  I got approved for the Delta Gold with an EVIL 666 Experian score (numerous baddy SL tradelines, 2 collections, 1 chargeoff).  I applied late on a Saturday night got the 14 day notice, which was good since my PRG was instantly declined a month earlier with an EXP Fico in the 640s.  I got a message on Sunday saying my app was being processed clicked the link and found it was approved.  Monday logged into the AMEX app and found out my SL was 3k!

Oz

Hahahaha I recently had th EVIL 666 also. 

Message 14 of 25
sisyphus_project
New Contributor

How accurate is Amex' prequalification tool?
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sisyphus_project wrote:

Generally pretty good but if you don't show any prequalification it doesn't mean you won't get approved.

Message 16 of 25
sisyphus_project
New Contributor

At least to these untrained eyes, it showed multiple prequalifications. I'm still holding off until my utilization shows below 10%, for CL purposes, but it's nice to know in probably golden.
Message 17 of 25
bobbay
Established Contributor

@sisyphus_project wrote:

I have:

PRG

Platinum

Delta Platinum $10k initial limit

SPG $2k initial limit

Costco  TE $10k initial limit

I never get the pre-qual...just here are come cards you might like  FWIW  Oh and they were all instant.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 18 of 25
sisyphus_project
New Contributor

Had $8,425 in total revolving credit when I originally posted, which has gone down $725 since I closed my FPB card and that statement has hit. (Total credit is actually up $5,275, with $4,000 more in my j.crew card and $2,000 more on my QS1, but those won't hit my CR until next month.) Fully paid my QS1 $2,200 balance before the statement cut. That just hit, which lowered my utilization to ~40–50%. EQ went up 31 points, hasn't hit TU, and EX (which matters) went up 27 points to 691. 

Paid my Slate down to ~19% utilization, which, at the present limits my CR reports, puts me just below 10% overall utilization. That statement cuts around the 25th. I'm looking forward to (1) applying for this Amex; and, more importantly (2) seeing my credit score top 700 points for the first time.

Message 19 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@sisyphus_project wrote:

Had $8,425 in total revolving credit when I originally posted, which has gone down $725 since I closed my FPB card and that statement has hit. (Total credit is actually up $5,275, with $4,000 more in my j.crew card and $2,000 more on my QS1, but those won't hit my CR until next month.) Fully paid my QS1 $2,200 balance before the statement cut. That just hit, which lowered my utilization to ~40–50%. EQ went up 31 points, hasn't hit TU, and EX (which matters) went up 27 points to 691. 

Paid my Slate down to ~19% utilization, which, at the present limits my CR reports, puts me just below 10% overall utilization. That statement cuts around the 25th. I'm looking forward to (1) applying for this Amex; and, more importantly (2) seeing my credit score top 700 points for the first time.

Nice getting closerSmiley Happy

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.