Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Platinum Approved!

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Delta Platinum Approved!

Delta and Amex extended the bonus offer on this card another month.  It is 50k miles + 15k MQM after $1k spend.  $200 statement credit after 1st purchase from Delta and year 1 AF waived.  I wasn't sure I would be eligible since I've already had the Delta Gold (closed out 60 days ago).

Called in and was approved.  Limit $1,100 LOL!  I kind of laughed and told the CSR good thing the AF was waived because I'd blow my util out of the water.  Anyways, I had it coming, I have many new accts and Amex has been at this game awhile.  This should also help my AAoA which has dropped to around 2 years.  MSD 1998 baby!

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delta Platinum Approved!

Congratulations! I just got the Delta Gold card this morning as well. I wonder how different the underwriting requirements are for the two?

Message 2 of 30
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Delta and Amex extended the bonus offer on this card another month.  It is 50k miles + 15k MQM after $1k spend.  $200 statement credit after 1st purchase from Delta and year 1 AF waived.  I wasn't sure I would be eligible since I've already had the Delta Gold (closed out 60 days ago).

Called in and was approved.  Limit $1,100 LOL!  I kind of laughed and told the CSR good thing the AF was waived because I'd blow my util out of the water.  Anyways, I had it coming, I have many new accts and Amex has been at this game awhile.  This should also help my AAoA which has dropped to around 2 years.  MSD 1998 baby!

Gratz i am starting to think about apping for that card it could help aaoa , i may just use it for 2 trips in US and statement credit , not sure if that is most effecient usage 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 30
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Yay! Congrats. 

Message 4 of 30
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!! Are you sure $1,100? It is better than denial.

Ron.
Message 5 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations! I just got the Delta Gold card this morning as well. I wonder how different the underwriting requirements are for the two?

I don't think there is much difference in the underwriting between Gold and Platinum.  I wasn't sure if Amex considered it 2 different products or not for the bonus, but the CSR checked and confirmed it. 

Message 6 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Gratz i am starting to think about apping for that card it could help aaoa , i may just use it for 2 trips in US and statement credit , not sure if that is most effecient usage 

Delta miles aren't all that bad to South America, but you could probably squeeze 2 domestic round trips out of 50k if you're flexible. 

Message 7 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:
Congrats!!! Are you sure $1,100? It is better than denial.

Ron.

Thanks!  Yes I asked him twice!!  I just said that's a bit disappointing, but appreciate the approval.  He told me to call when the card arrives and they may be able to help.  They might want to move limits from my BCE or Hilton cards I think.

Message 8 of 30
bobbay
Established Contributor

I believe they are each a different product type...looks like delta reserve is in your futureSmiley Happy

Congrats!

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 9 of 30
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Delta miles aren't all that bad to South America, but you could probably squeeze 2 domestic round trips out of 50k if you're flexible. 

its normally 25k round trip on almost every airline so i probably could do that with no problems. I just need prg offer for the 50k then i can bang them both out and i will be happy for an while.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.