Did you mean: 

Denials are stupid! :-(

tag
cem13
Established Contributor

Re: Denials are stupid! :-(

@Anonymous wrote:
 Anyone ever recon with NASA?

I had a NASA instant denial in 05/2015 from BK7 in 2011.  I wrote them a letter explaining my circulstances for the BK7.  Mine were 1) Lost high paying job ($100K) in the automotive industry in 2009.  2) The job loss caused financial stress which caused a divorce 3) Stress caused some short-term medical issues.   In addition my truck got re-Po'ed, my dog ran away and worst thing of all is that my electric got shut off and my beer got warm.  I mean come on people, have a heart and help a brother out.

I was approved within 30 minutes of sending the recon email.  I only received $5K and they told me no CLIs for at least a year.  They wanted our "relationship" to grow like wild flowers in the springtime (sounds like my Ex-wife)  Then they would consider a CLI.

FICO 08 JUL23: TU 850; EQ 846; EX 843. Clean since BK7 D/C 6/2011.
Message 11 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a NASA instant denial in 05/2015 from BK7 in 2011.  I wrote them a letter explaining my circulstances for the BK7.  Mine were 1) Lost high paying job ($100K) in the automotive industry in 2009.  2) The job loss caused financial stress which caused a divorce 3) Stress caused some short-term medical issues.   In addition my truck got re-Po'ed, my dog ran away and worst thing of all is that my electric got shut off and my beer got warm.  I mean come on people, have a heart and help a brother out.

I was approved within 30 minutes of sending the recon email.  I only received $5K and they told me no CLIs for at least a year.  They wanted our "relationship" to grow like wild flowers in the springtime (sounds like my Ex-wife)  Then they would consider a CLI.

Heck after a letter like that I would have approved you too.....for GP reasons 

Lol cem ha ha ha 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol cem ha ha ha 

LOL...Sometimes recons work, and this guy was 4 yrs post too...."beer got warm", hahahahahSmiley Wink

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cem13 do you happen to know that email address? :-)
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

BTW, I never compared myself with anyone else. What I said was my fellow FICOers told me it wasn't a good idea to app with Discover at this time, and I did any way. Shoulda listened! Also the reason I'm not applying for a mortage first is because I'm on the USDA waiting list, and already applied. I have to wait 1.5 years to get my home. That's why I'm applying now, instead of in 6 more months to a year. 😉
Message 15 of 27
cem13
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Cem13 do you happen to know that email address? :-)

I dont have it but if you call the CS number; they will give it to you.

Message 16 of 27
cem13
Established Contributor

LOL...Sometimes recons work, and this guy was 4 yrs post too...."beer got warm", hahahahahSmiley Wink

Everything in my email was true.  My beer did get warm.  You talk about a string of bad luck.  Everything in my case was out of my control; even the warm beer and the dog running away.

IMO they are interested in knowing if the reasons that caused the BK7 were in your control or not.   IMO they do not want to reward poor behavior; ie lavish spending etc.   

Message 17 of 27
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just garden and dream of your new home! Smiley Happy

So much this.  Your scores will be over 700 by then, even with BK.  And Fico does not care what kind of cards you have.

Signature needs updating
Message 18 of 27
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@cem13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol cem ha ha ha 

Love this.  Best recon all time.

Signature needs updating
Message 19 of 27
bldmt
Regular Contributor

This has been  avery interesting read with tons of good advice. Pizza, nice job laying everything out from your experience.

OP, please take everything as constructive. Not sure how long your rebuild journey has been but, we have all to a certain degree have been there. The key is patience, and taking a step back and looking at what you have accomplished to date. More importantly, what is at the end of the rainbow... your own home. I personally would hit the brakes right now and work towards your dream.

I do have a couple of questions for you.

Why the long wait for the USDA mortgage (I'm not familiar with them). What are the benefits?

Are you, or your partner a veteran. If so, there are some very attractive VA loans available today that offer decent mortgage rates, and low up front closing costs.

Here is an example from Penfed for a 30 year Fixed VA loan $0% down. I just threw a home price of $250K into their calculation as I don't know where you are. It's about the norm for a small home where I am.

LOAN TYPE 30-Year
VA Fixed
EST. MONTHLY PAYMENT $1,501.78
APR 3.812%

You could join Penfed with small deposit Savings, and Checking accounts (NO CREDIT CARDS) to build a relationship and they would work with you.

Best of Luck

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.