cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied ForDelta Platinum American Express. Question!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied ForDelta Platinum American Express. Question!!

My application was denied due to old AMEX accounts closed but with balances. I have never owned an AMEX card and my credit report shows that. They have opened a fraud investigation to see if my identity was hacked, but why wouldnt it apear on the credit report? Anyone have similar issues as this? Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied ForDelta Platinum American Express. Question!!

Remember, your CR only will go back 7 years. Amex's own systems go back to the beginning of time... they could have something from 15 years ago that only they can see
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

And they, like Chase, never ever forget.... just like an elephant 🐘
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a bankruptcy 6 years ago and if that card was discharged wouldn't it show on my credit report?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In thoery, yes, of course. But in practice, who can say. Credit reports often contain errors, and there are times when reports seem filled with errors of both omission as well as reporting. Any older copies of credit reports lying around (filed or digital) that you might inspect?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll look around. Thanks
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep AMEX doesn't forget a thing and this can be excellent or bad bad depending. They value longevity probably more than any other CC and reward it but if you've had a BK in the past and your discharged debt included AMEX they're not likely to do much for you in the future. I do know of some exceptions that took some work with a CSR and a willingness to submit financials, etc. but overall they truly do never forget.
Message 7 of 9
Bandit5160
Contributor

15 years ago I had a bankruptcy.  I maxed out and became deliquent on a 6400 CL AmEx Blue Card.  They constantly harrassed me, sent my account to collections and even threatened litigation. I applied for an AmEx Blue Cash Everyday card today and they approved me!  I guess I'm just lucky.  Of course they did give me a relatively low CL of 2000.  I guess getting my FICO score up to 760 since the previous trouble I had really makes a difference.

Wells Fargo Active Cash (3K), Chase Amazon Prime Visa (5.6K), Discover It (18K), Chase Freedom Flex (5.7K), Capital One Quicksilver (6.75K), Apple Credit Card (6.5K), American Express Blue Cash Preferred (7.5K), Capital One Savor (5K), Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi (9K), Citi Double Cash MC (6K), Wells Fargo Propel AMEX (5K), Amazon Store Card (5K), Exxon Mobil Card (1.2K), Citi Best Buy Visa (6K), Shell Fuel Rewards MasterCard (4.2K), Bank Of America Cash Rewards MasterCard (8K), PayPal Credit (5K), Target RedCard (1.6K), FNBO BP Visa (5K), Synchrony MasterCard (7K), Fifth Third Bank Trio Mastercard (6.5K), Comenity King Size Card (1K), Wells Fargo Hotels.Com Rewards Visa (8.4K), Verizon Visa (5.5K), EBay MC (6.3K), Comenity Caesars Rewards Visa (5K). Sam’s Club MC (1.5K), My Walgreens MC (5K), Sony Card Visa (6.9K), My Chevrolet Rewards MC (9K), Wells Fargo Bilt MC (18K), AAA Cashback Rewards Visa (2K)

EQ 764 TU 772 EX 781
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome! Generally if they will give you one card they will give you up to three in a relatively short period of time. 15 years and a decent credit score is definitely a sufficent reason to grant you credit. I'm glad to hear it! 13 months from now they will extend you an offer to the preferred card if they haven't already given you the preferred card to start with. Keep up the good work! I like the platinum card a lot because I travel a lot and the perks are something I use i.e. the airport lounges.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.