Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied Southwest Chase Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied Southwest Chase Card

Thank you.  I have had a Rapid Rewards account with them since January and have racked up 200,000+ points.  I really wanted the Southwest card, so I could used my RR points for gift cards.  They won't unlock that feature unless you have the Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card.  

Its okay though.  I will keep building my credit.  The RR points will not expire and the amount I have will be even larger by that point.  

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion.  However, I took the advice of an earlier reply and went for the Discover IT card.  I was approved instantly for SL $8,500.

@A1Credit wrote:

Have you tried Capital One?  You can do their pre-qualifier to see what you qualify for.  They are usually pretty accurate and their Platinum cards are known as rebuilder cards.

Congratulations on Discover! That is a great starting line!

I think the only way I was able to get into Chase Southwest is because I'm a long time Rapid Reward member and had just came back from a trip. Sometimes it is about the relationships with these branded cards versus the issuer themselves.

Message 11 of 14
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.  I have had a Rapid Rewards account with them since January and have racked up 200,000+ points.  I really wanted the Southwest card, so I could used my RR points for gift cards.  They won't unlock that feature unless you have the Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card.  

Its okay though.  I will keep building my credit.  The RR points will not expire and the amount I have will be even larger by that point.  

@SomewhereIn505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion.  However, I took the advice of an earlier reply and went for the Discover IT card.  I was approved instantly for SL $8,500.

@A1Credit wrote:

Have you tried Capital One?  You can do their pre-qualifier to see what you qualify for.  They are usually pretty accurate and their Platinum cards are known as rebuilder cards.

Congratulations on Discover! That is a great starting line!

I think the only way I was able to get into Chase Southwest is because I'm a long time Rapid Reward member and had just came back from a trip. Sometimes it is about the relationships with these branded cards versus the issuer themselves.

Sounds like you fly with Southwest a lot!

I know you are bummed about not having your application approved, however I think this will be eventually good news for you. I held out until SW offered 60K points for $2,000 spent in the first 3 months. Now you can work on gardening your scores with the idea of getting a similar offer. I noticed it was offered this summer and last summer usually between mid-August and September for the past few years.

I'm holding off on my spending until after my 2nd statement. My 3rd statement is January 2018. The 60K points, plus anything and everything I'm going to put onto it (and PIF) will hopefully get me qualified for the companion pass sometime in 2018.

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 12 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

OMG!! yay!!  Thats super awesome! I had a feeling you'd be approved!!! Congrats to you!!!Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14
Lemark
Contributor

Some say applying at airport better but not too sure how accurate that is. Also having a checking and savings with them helps I heard

wellsfargoamexamexamexamexamexboaboaboa
caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.