Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied by Dillards

tag
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Denied by Dillards

So I have recently been rebuilding my credit.   My bankruptcy dropped after 13 years I started in October I got Finger Hut 230 CL and was finally approved for a USAA Visa card without the rewards to rebuild.  After I had the card for a month I was approved for a capital one MasterCard credit card 300 CL and Victoria secret card 250.  I went on to get Torrid CL 250, Lane Bryant CL 250, New York and company 250 CL, Macys 600 CL, Walmart  300 CL.    I got denied for Dillard’s and it wasn’t for too many inquiries.  Dillard’s still haven’t sent their letter stating the detailed reason. I’m assuming that you have to have a very high score for Dillard’s.   I was told from Target I was denied for too many inquiries and try at a later date.   My EX score dropped 10 points to 545 EQ 563 TU 553.    Credit Karma score 578.  My capital one TU monitoring score is 602.  Not sure which one is accurate. i know Dillard’s is now managed by wells Fargo and i don’t know that they take fair credit.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Denied by Dillards

wow, no offense but with those scores I can't believe you got 80% of what you got... you need to garden for 6 MONTHS MINIMUM with all these new accounts!

PLEASE, your scores will probably be over 650 in 6 months if you keep your util down and not to many of the accounts reporting balances at the same time.

Message 2 of 23
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Trust me i was surprised as well. This wasnt something i was expecting but not having any credit cards for 13 years i was floored. No offense taken just appreciative of having a fresh start.

Message 3 of 23
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

yes the most of a balance i have is my visa and macys but the rest is 0 or 25 dollars.

Message 4 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sparklerd34 wrote:

Trust me i was surprised as well. This wasnt something i was expecting but not having any credit cards for 13 years i was floored. No offense taken just appreciative of having a fresh start.

why in the world did you not rebuild during your bk time? (no offense again!) Smiley Tongue

but super congrats on all those cards... hope you have use for them beyond that they gave them to you because they can grow and grow big over time.

Message 5 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sparklerd34 wrote:

yes the most of a balance i have is my visa and macys but the rest is 0 or 25 dollars.

like i said over time as you are trying to obtain the best score and get ready for applying it's not going to be amounts per say but how many of the accounts report a balance period even if it's $1.

Message 6 of 23
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Well i focused on buiding my income and i increased my income from 30k to 60k over time and finished my degrees. I have my IT in bachelors and Masters in business.  I guess i kindo of put things on the back burner now that i am 38 and 2 kids getting hard to live without credit.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

wow, no offense but with those scores I can't believe you got 80% of what you got... you need to garden for 6 MONTHS MINIMUM with all these new accounts!

PLEASE, your scores will probably be over 650 in 6 months if you keep your util down and not to many of the accounts reporting balances at the same time.

This.

Message 8 of 23
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Pot meet kettle.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 9 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Right, that's why I say most of things I do because I have been there and done most of them plus 10 other things!
But even still I have a way stronger longer report to handle some of my crazy apps
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.