Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for SPG?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Denied for SPG?

I have had American Express for quite some time. They recently shut down my business account on accident and I call them up, end up emailing the EO to get it reinstated.

I applied for the SPG last night and was denied because of length of time as an AMEX customer? What is their recon number? I have a 725 credit score and income of 50k. I am quite confused..what is the best way to go about getting the card?

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
3 REPLIES 3
ohnomyfigo
Contributor

Re: Denied for SPG?

Amex can be fickle about the SPG card and it's well known to be their hardest card to get with the exception of the centurion of course. 

I was recently approved with a 4 month Amex history an a 763 score so I doubt those were the reasons you were denied. More likely due to your business acct. being closed or another factor.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the denial.  You can call  800-567-1083 (reminder that all these numbers are found in the sticky thread above for backdoor numbers) and Rey to recon.

Message 3 of 4
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Shot in the dark here.. How old is your business account?

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.