Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for a Credit One.. ROFL...

tag
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Re: Denied for a Credit One.. ROFL...

I think it makes perfect sense. You clearly have a very thin file and not sufficient income to warrant more credit or your spending doesn't warrant more credit based off your report. Even if you have 0 balances each month the creditor reports how much you have paid which shows how much you used for the month. Your score maybe 715 but with no history behind it, it could drop real low at any mistake because there isn't many years behind it of responsible usage.
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:

i  began being denied by credit one 2 years post chapter 7, this should tell you their demographic. i think its good to soft pull through them every month as you do get a free credit score (not sure which model) and a free report.....i really wish they would approve me for their 1% gas card

I really hope this is sarcasm.

Message 12 of 18
PCR20
Regular Contributor

I was curious because I read here that they will deny you if you have too good of credit. 

It seems that's true:

Your credit score: 818
Date: 12/26/2014 
Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:

• Excessive amount owed on accounts  (I owe about $1,800 on a +$55K available limit)
  • Ratio of loan balances to credit limits too high  (3% is too high?? I think they are high!!)
  • Insufficient length of revolving account history (AAoA is 8 Years, oldest is 28 Years)

If you have any questions regarding this letter, you should contact us at:

Credit One Bank
P.O. Box 98878
Las Vegas, NV 89193-8878
1-877-825-3242

Sincerely,

Credit One Bank, N.A.

Starting Score: 05/12/2007 was 724 average on all 3
Current Score: 02-10-2017 EQ=839 EX=837 TU=832
Message 13 of 18
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

i  began being denied by credit one 2 years post chapter 7, this should tell you their demographic. i think its good to soft pull through them every month as you do get a free credit score (not sure which model) and a free report.....i really wish they would approve me for their 1% gas card

Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for their card back in 2008. At that time they were the best option for me. Can't remember if I used it or not. But I wouldn't dare apply for anything with them now only because there are much better options available.
Message 15 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

As always, I think it's better to get secured card than credit one. They even have better sub prime lenders (first national legacy is one, actual grace period, free cli's, etc).

They want desperate people, since over half their business is collecting bad debt.
Signature needs updating
Message 16 of 18
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

The best part of my rebuild that began 19 months ago was I didn't need to use Credit One or First Premier.  I went straight to Capital One and didn't look back.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 17 of 18
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

its a legitimate cash back card!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.