Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied for a Credit One.. ROFL...

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Denied for a Credit One.. ROFL...

I just have to shake my head on this one... I know i'm too good for them but lets dissect this denial (a soft pull, of course)

Thank you for your recent request for pre-qualification for a Credit One Bank credit card. Your request was carefully considered and we are unable to provide a credit card offer for you at this time. (Thats because I can get better offers elsewhere without the fees)

Reasons for Denial of Credit
Your application was processed by a credit scoring system that assigns a numerical value to the various items of information we consider in evaluating an application. These numerical values are based upon the results of analyses of repayment histories of large numbers of customers.

The information you provided in your application did not score a sufficient number of points for approval of the application. The reasons you did not score well compared with other applicants were:

• Insufficient time since most recent account opened  (Ok I get this, but its been 9 months since I opened my first 2 tls)
  • Too many accounts with balances (Uhm One account has a small balance, 8% here)
  • Ratio of loan balances to credit limits too high (Uhm 8% on a 5k limit, with a total CL of 6K across the board. Naw)
  • Too many recent inquiries (Since when has 6 INQs, most more than 8 months old, been an issue, most are over a year old) (I took a hit from GE that was supposed to be soft.. yeah right)

Note Im probably not going to lose sleep over this...

Information about Your Credit Score
We also obtained your credit score from this consumer reporting agency and used it in making our credit decision. Your credit score is a number that reflects the information in your credit report. Your credit score can change, depending on how the information in your credit report changes.

Your credit score: 716 (This is a real score guys, not an internal score... Ill take the 716 thanks.. for now )
Date: 12/26/2014
Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850

Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:

• Insufficient time since most recent account opened
  • Too many accounts with balances
  • Ratio of loan balances to credit limits too high
  • Too many recent inquiries (just rehashing what I already commented on)

If you have any questions regarding this letter, you should contact us at:

Credit One Bank
P.O. Box 98878
Las Vegas, NV 89193-8878
1-877-825-3242

Sincerely, (Sincerely I don't think i *need* your subprime services fortunately)

Credit One Bank, N.A.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Denied for a Credit One.. ROFL...

Their loss.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit card did you apply? Honestly, I wouldn't have considered CaptialOne had I have no credit at all. They pulled all three CRAs. 

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Which credit card did you apply? Honestly, I wouldn't have considered CaptialOne had I have no credit at all. They pulled all three CRAs. 

Credit One.

Message 4 of 18
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

SMH...Smiley Tongue

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 18
joltdude
Senior Contributor

But I'll gladly take the free eq report too though for the soft deny..
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realized that. Lol

Message 7 of 18
aav
Established Contributor

Lol don't feel bad. They denied me today too. I like to check every once in awhile idkw 

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 8 of 18
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Thats really odd and sucks Smiley Sad

I got approved with about 5 collections and 4 judgements on my account and score low low 500s.

My wife got approved with no credit file other than being an AU on my express and victoria secret cards for 2 months.  (she was denied before I made her an AU because of a thin file)

Message 9 of 18
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i  began being denied by credit one 2 years post chapter 7, this should tell you their demographic. i think its good to soft pull through them every month as you do get a free credit score (not sure which model) and a free report.....i really wish they would approve me for their 1% gas card

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.