MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Diner's Club Denial???

My mom got her card and pin in the mail today

Message 161 of 177
waiter
Regular Contributor

My cousin, she recieved her ELITE card friday 11/21... 

But they said they ran out of plastic, and to expect to mail em first week of december. My app was approved 2 days before her...and I dont have my pin and my card.

I really dont know how they work.

Message 162 of 177
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waiter wrote:

But they said they ran out of plastic, and to expect to mail em first week of december. My app was approved 2 days before her...and I dont have my pin and my card.

I love their excuses.

Message 163 of 177
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@waiter wrote:

Even for those of us who were approved and yet had to go through some hoops, it is still a mystery!

Message 164 of 177
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@waiter wrote:

I was also told they ran out of plastic for the elite cards. Still waiting to find out if I'm denied or approved!

Message 165 of 177
NRB525
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@delviacv2 wrote:

I guess they have too many applications to deal with it Smiley Sad

I'm not sure of that. When you go to their web site. Click on consumer card. You will see log in. You will also see number for elite and card numbers for premier.  6 digit. 123456. Followed by 6 zeros. So for example. 1234-5600-0000-****. Which indicates. Only the last four digits on all cards are different.  In other words. 

10.000 cards for elite. And 10.000cards for premier. If each s manual. Then overwhelming if not. I'm not sure wha issue is. They've been out of consumer business a long time. So who knows. 

Really? No.

The last digit of all credit cards is a check digit. That leaves three digits, not four.

1,000 (and I don't think that is anything other than than a starter number, I'm just commenting on the initial math)

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 166 of 177
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@NRB525 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@delviacv2 wrote:

I guess they have too many applications to deal with it Smiley Sad

I'm not sure of that. When you go to their web site. Click on consumer card. You will see log in. You will also see number for elite and card numbers for premier.  6 digit. 123456. Followed by 6 zeros. So for example. 1234-5600-0000-****. Which indicates. Only the last four digits on all cards are different.  In other words. 

10.000 cards for elite. And 10.000cards for premier. If each s manual. Then overwhelming if not. I'm not sure wha issue is. They've been out of consumer business a long time. So who knows. 

Really? No.

The last digit of all credit cards is a check digit. That leaves three digits, not four.

1,000 (and I don't think that is anything other than than a starter number, I'm just commenting on the initial math)

My *gif* image was implying sarcasm since the poster didn't have the facts together like you pointed out.

Message 167 of 177
delviacv2
Valued Member

I can Tell you that was 1000% guess on my part

Message 168 of 177
LipzyDaizy
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Even for those of us who were approved and yet had to go through some hoops, it is still a mystery!

Not just hoops...felt like they ran me through an entire agility course! lol

Current Scores - EX 658, EQ 713, TU 722
Message 169 of 177
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got 7-15 days on BOTH applications. I even have credit pulls for both applications.

Receieved letters about a month later for both, "unable to verify identity."

I call BS. They say I have a fraud alert on my CR. I tell them no. 

They refuse to do anything.

Same exact thing happened to me. They finally told me to fax in my credit report from TU showing there was no fraud alert.. did that about two weeks ago and have not heard anything back. I'm just going to assume this is a no go. Kinda pissed that there is NOTHING I can do to try to apply.

Message 170 of 177
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.