Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diner's Club Denial???

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Re: Diner's Club Denial???

I got a call back! they left a vm and said to allow more time for processing as its only been 10 business days. They said to allow at least 15 business days. I'm guessing they at least found my app since the message was specific to number of days that I apped.
Message 31 of 177
rlx01
Established Contributor

@Happychap: I'm in the same boat as you (App'ed 29th, told still processing... Not denied.)
Message 32 of 177
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@rlx01 yes least it wasn't a denial - I was just pleased they found my app! Now that I know they have it, and still processing I will just wait it out a couple more weeks.
Message 33 of 177
rlx01
Established Contributor

@Happychap: According to the message, they have 15 business days from app. That's 3 weeks. Smiley Happy

Old school underwriting maybe. A bit of a joke, though. I guess they don't know what to do with high scores / income that goes to 7-15. Maybe they're considering a huge CL or something.

Pretty mysterious process. Smiley Happy
Message 34 of 177
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Yes, very old school! I don't think I will hear anything for at least two weeks since it's taking a week to get pins from date of approval, and mine is still in orocessing stage.
Message 35 of 177
rlx01
Established Contributor

Or we just never hear from them... Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 177
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I was originally denied due to an address verification issue from the information they obtained from TU, some system mismatch on their end.  I had originally recieved the 7-15 day message on 9/28 and after a few back and forth phone calls with the CSRs and U/W it was finally approved yesterday.  They will be expediting the CC at no extra charge and should be here by Tuesday.

Message 37 of 177
rlx01
Established Contributor

@FinStar: did you receive a letter saying that or?

I still haven't heard anything. 15 business days from 9/29 is Monday so... Not sure.

Looks like a lot of apps on 9/28 and 9/29 had system issues.

I'm surprised they don't call you about address issues.
Message 38 of 177
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@rlx01 wrote:
@FinStar: did you receive a letter saying that or?

I still haven't heard anything. 15 business days from 9/29 is Monday so... Not sure.

Looks like a lot of apps on 9/28 and 9/29 had system issues.

I'm surprised they don't call you about address issues.

Hi rlx01 - funny you mention that.  To this very day, no letter has arrived requesting additional information or a flat out decline (it may show up in next week's mail?). 

At any rate, I learned from reading on FT about the whole slew of backed up applications.  So, I gave them a ring last week just to check and that's where the mini-rollercoaster started.  Since their systems are relatively new to this re-introduced program, they really don't have everything established as far as exception processing criteria and whatnot when certain applications get "stuck".  So, the last U/W I spoke with mentioned about the system issues from that 9/28 weekend which made sense.  Then, I got the call from the U/W department earlier today letting me know that everything was sorted out and the CC was approved.  I took 2 HPs, but I'm ok with that.

Message 39 of 177
taxi818
Super Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

Well I was getting nervous as well and called a second time and asked for underwriters.  Julie the agent put me on hold and talked to underwriting so I didn't get to personally speak to a underwriter.  She said they are still reviewing.  I said that sounds like a denial and I'm on the road for the next ten days and really need to know now if it's a denial. I don't want to be worried about anything being stolen from my mail while away.  She assured me that underwriting is still reviewing and no decision yet and to wait three more days...  ugh

Sounds like they are not all together and like a very old-school process for those that are kicked out for review.

CA sorry about your outcome!  Will keep everyone posted on mine. 

from all the chatter ive read on the DC card. it appears the absolute lowest score for approval was a 715 TU. so i guess anything lower need not apply.

Message 40 of 177
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.