Not applicable

Re: Diner's Club with BK ***UPDATE***

Well, that totally sucks- Sorry junior

Message 31 of 43
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: Diner's Club with BK ***UPDATE***

@junior88 wrote:

Got a letter in the mail today.....denied due to BK back in March of 2006.....

Gosh darn it!  I was looking for a happy ending to this saga ... sorry.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 32 of 43
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Diner's Club with BK

Nooooo!!! Gosh darn it'!! I was rooting for you junior!! I'm so sorry! That totally stinks!Smiley Sad did you still have any accounts that IIB still showing on your reports when you apped? I was sure hoping for a happy ending for you!!!
Message 33 of 43
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

sorry to hear that, I was hoping that you'd get in. 

Message 34 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear of your denails guys.. It sucks i know.. At least you have a solid answer.. others are still in limbo!! aka myself

Message 35 of 43
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Boo at least you got an answer, I'm still waiting for an answer

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 36 of 43
Vegasr
Regular Contributor

Well after seeing 9 of my inq's dropped off on TU today, thus leaving only 1,  I went ahead and app'ed for the Premier and got the 7-15 day message. Normally I'd feel somewhat good about that however after reading in here, not so much.  The wait begins.

Embarrassing amount of credit cards
AoOA: 25yrs
Message 37 of 43
junior88
Frequent Contributor

I think its odd that I was denied because of my old BK. Look at the other cards I have. Anyway, non of my old BK accounts are on my reports. I actually got those all removed years ago. I think that is why my score was so low for a long time. All my history was gone.

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 38 of 43
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@junior88 wrote:

I think its odd that I was denied because of my old BK. Look at the other cards I have. Anyway, non of my old BK accounts are on my reports. I actually got those all removed years ago. I think that is why my score was so low for a long time. All my history was gone.

Your BK hasn't aged enough for their comfort level regardless if other lenders may have approved you as you have rebuilt.  Each lender has their own UW criteria.

Message 39 of 43
Vegasr
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@junior88 wrote:

Your BK hasn't aged enough for their comfort level regardless if other lenders may have approved you as you have rebuilt.  Each lender has their own UW criteria.

Great point. I know USBank stated a BK must be discharged 5 years before they will not use it against someone.

Embarrassing amount of credit cards
AoOA: 25yrs
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.