Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Diners Club CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

A Mini Countryman for my Mum when I was back home in Michigan.

Very nice of you to do that for your mom.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha! She paid me for the car, I just wanted the points. So she was actually the one doing me the favor. She ET'd the money to my account in Key West and I had the money before I flew home. She has vastly larger net worth than myself, so she was just helping me by getting me the points. 

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha! She paid me for the car, I just wanted the points. So she was actually the one doing me the favor. She ET'd the money to my account in Key West and I had the money before I flew home. She has vastly larger net worth than myself, so she was just helping me by getting me the points. 

Ha.  Well that was very nice of her then.  You live in Key West?

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes sir, I sure do. If you ever visit let me know!

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes sir, I sure do. If you ever visit let me know!

Will do.  Was there three years ago for a week.  Hot as hell because went in July but loved every minute of.  Well at least the ones I remember.  Boy did we drink ( my gf and me).  Awesome area 

Message 15 of 22
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm surprised. The dealer did not cry. As the swipe fee must be insane at least $300. Congrats. Op. Let us know  I got very low limit. 5k but I'm glad to be in door. Would  be nice to know time frame for cli. 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm surprised. The dealer did not cry. As the swipe fee must be insane at least $300. Congrats. Op. Let us know  I got very low limit. 5k but I'm glad to be in door. Would  be nice to know time frame for cli. 

This place normally only sells Porsche, BMW, Mercedes so they were just happy to get the 1 year old MINI off the lot. Also my Mum has bought numerous other cars there, they didn't mind at all. Funny side note was the guy that worked there had previously sold me a Land Rover in a different town numerous years prior. It was funny to buy yet another car from him years later and in a different place. I'm sure my previous relationship with him didn't hurt in the process either. 

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I called in for the CLI yesterday and this is the process and results:

- I called in, input my number and hit the option for the CLI,

- Talked with a CLI rep and they said "fairly new account" and "let's give it a shot",

- Was asked how much I was looking for and responded an additional $15k,

- Proceeded to go through income, own or rent, mortgage payment, if any, liquid assets, what I was requesting the CLI for, etc. I answered all the questions as well as said I needed the CLI because of some unexpected travel and I wanted to use the DC club for all travel that did not run through Delta programs.,

- Was asked to pull my credit, I agreed.,

- Was told that CLI's over $5k are above his head, and now that all the info was gathered, it would be forwarded to a Credit Analyst for the decision and that he should call me back within 1 to 3 business hours with an answer.

This morning I got a call and was told that the CLI was declined because the account was too new, and that 6 months of history was needed for a permanent CLI request to be made. However, because from the short time I've been a card holder, I've shown excellent use, paid in full blah, blah, blah , he could temporarily increase the line $5k to make the travel arrangements I need, etc.

So that's that until CK chimes in.

Message 18 of 22
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

I want to know the difference between 1-3 business hours and 1-3 normal hours! Jk jk

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I called in for the CLI yesterday and this is the process and results:

- I called in, input my number and hit the option for the CLI,

- Talked with a CLI rep and they said "fairly new account" and "let's give it a shot",

- Was asked how much I was looking for and responded an additional $15k,

- Proceeded to go through income, own or rent, mortgage payment, if any, liquid assets, what I was requesting the CLI for, etc. I answered all the questions as well as said I needed the CLI because of some unexpected travel and I wanted to use the DC club for all travel that did not run through Delta programs.,

- Was asked to pull my credit, I agreed.,

- Was told that CLI's over $5k are above his head, and now that all the info was gathered, it would be forwarded to a Credit Analyst for the decision and that he should call me back within 1 to 3 business hours with an answer.

This morning I got a call and was told that the CLI was declined because the account was too new, and that 6 months of history was needed for a permanent CLI request to be made. However, because from the short time I've been a card holder, I've shown excellent use, paid in full blah, blah, blah , he could temporarily increase the line $5k to make the travel arrangements I need, etc.

So that's that until CK chimes in.

Well thanks for biting the bullet on this one. Did you ask if they could possibly kill the inquiry? Seeing as they denied for the account being too new, I would ask them to delete the inquiry since the denial wasn't based on your portfolio. 

I suppose I will wait until the account is open 6 months before I request my CLI. Seems silly to HP for a 5K CLI on a 40K limit card. Hopefully once you hit six months they will be very generous!

PS I'm not insinuating that you wasted a HP for a small CLI, you had no idea what the results would be. Thank you for posting this, it has helped me immensely. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.