Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diners Club ... easy to get?

tag
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

Re: Diners Club ... easy to get?

I don't think the poster needs to talk with underwriting, they haven't checked at all. If they were approved, the regular CSR can find the account at any time and give them the info. 

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cflowers0115 wrote:

I don't think the poster needs to talk with underwriting, they haven't checked at all. If they were approved, the regular CSR can find the account at any time and give them the info. 

Has anyone here actually gotten through to U/W department? It's always frontline CSR's who I speak to, in my experience.

Message 12 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

I applied on October 15th, got the 7-15 day message and have heard NOTHING, not a peep -- no denial, no pin and no card...NADA??? I cannot call during the day because I work practically non-stop from between 8-4pm with only small breaks in between (definitely not enough time to be transferred around and placed back and forth on hold). My TU was/is mid-670's, no late payments in 2 years, 4 year AAOA, 1 unpaid collection from 2008, no BK ever, new accounts within the last 12 months. IDK.... I may have to call them from my car on my way to work if I dont hear back by Friday of this week???

You've been more patient than I. I have a similar profile, except I have no lates in 5 years, 3yr+ AAoA at time of app, two unpaid C/O's from 2008 with no BK, and a bevy of new accounts this year. TU FICO at time of app was between 684 and 686.

I think I will call today since other poster got info in 2 days. 

tu fico 692 time of app

1 4 year old collection paid in full. Only baddie. 

AA of A  down to 6 months. Due due gazillion approvals thus year. If not approved no problem. No need to sweat it. 

Update!!  Got 5k 

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

I applied on October 15th, got the 7-15 day message and have heard NOTHING, not a peep -- no denial, no pin and no card...NADA??? I cannot call during the day because I work practically non-stop from between 8-4pm with only small breaks in between (definitely not enough time to be transferred around and placed back and forth on hold). My TU was/is mid-670's, no late payments in 2 years, 4 year AAOA, 1 unpaid collection from 2008, no BK ever, new accounts within the last 12 months. IDK.... I may have to call them from my car on my way to work if I dont hear back by Friday of this week???

You've been more patient than I. I have a similar profile, except I have no lates in 5 years, 3yr+ AAoA at time of app, two unpaid C/O's from 2008 with no BK, and a bevy of new accounts this year. TU FICO at time of app was between 684 and 686.

tu fico 692 time of app

AA of A  down to 6 months. Due due gazillion approvals thus year. If not approved no problem. No need to sweat it. 

Update!!  Got 5k 

Congratulations on approval Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cflowers0115 wrote:

Has anyone here actually gotten through to U/W department? It's always frontline CSR's who I speak to, in my experience.

Yes a few time, I called them directly 866-802-8859

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 15 of 19
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

tu fico 692 time of app

Update!!  Got 5k 

Congrats, how long did it take?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 16 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

tu fico 692 time of app

Update!!  Got 5k 

Congrats, how long did it take?

Apped Friday. Approved Monday. Got news yesterday. 5 days from app to answer. 3 if not counting weekend.  I noticed some fast answers. Some slow. I don't know why. 

Message 17 of 19
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

yeah mine seems to be slow, very slow

Message 18 of 19
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@toi34 wrote:

tu fico 692 time of app

Update!!  Got 5k 

Congrats........5k is a nice limit!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.