Legendary Contributor

Re: Disco CLI Denial Reason

Glad you got the reference JR_TX Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thx everyone. I am concerned but I would think if it was something bad it would have been reported to the CRA’s. I’m wondering if it is because I make too many payments per month. Maybe I will take Irish’s advice and call tomorrow. I really hate calling places because usually I think it is better to not get a human involved.

The other thing to add is they just gave me my second Card last month too. Actually about 2 weeks ago.
So if it was that bad you’d think they would not have approved me. That was a manual review too. I spoke with an UW and she wanted to make sure I wanted a second Card, etc... she put me on hold and said congrats and they gave me double what my other Disco Card is at. That makes me think it is a BS reason.
Maybe I’ll try next month and if I get it again then call. I’ll keep this updated and please if anyone else gets that reason please let me know.

Thanks

I make several payments a month and that has not hurt me or at least I think it has not. I just got a 1500 increase. Maybe I will try a couple months doing one payment a month to see if I can get a bigger increase next time. Lol

although I'm more comfortable making several.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are funny, AJC. That literally made me almost spit out my coffee I laughed so hard. And then the “Awesome Sauce” reply right when I stopped. Lol.

@cgarden..... thx for letting me know you make multiple payments per month as well. I always have. Discover Miles right now is my daily driver and I run a lot through it monthly since everything is 3% back for me this year. I did the same thing last year with my It Card. I never thought it was a bad thing I just was trying to figure out what they could consider negative as far as how I use my account. I decided I’m not going to worry about it. I’ll see what my next CLI Denial says. I usually hit the bottom 1-2X per month so one should be coming.
Message 13 of 14
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I tend to believe 0% of my denials cause all i ever get is the not at this time lol, man Discover must think im too average to even make the effort to print up some reasonsSmiley Wink

I love reading your responses AJC. They really make my day. Smiley Happy So creative.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.