Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Application without HP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Application without HP?

Hey gang,

As i mentioned in another thread, after gardening for the last 8 or so months, i applied for an AMEX EDC and a DiscoverIT Chrome last week through their preapproval-tool, got solid preapprovals with set APR and everything, and was indeed approved for both. The HP for Amex showed up on Experian pretty much immediately, and took my down from 769 to 750 (not complaining, this was expected. Just sharing some data here). However, i don't see any HP from discover yet, which is unusual - i am subscribed to the MyFico and i usually see changes to my history pretty much immediately. Which... makes me kinda wonder.

Isn't Discover doing a HP on Creditcard applications? Just wondering if the HP will show up later down the road, or if Discover might have been fine with a SP here.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Application without HP?

Disco has been issuing cards with a SP through both, the pre-approval page and mailers, for a few months now.
Message 2 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup another reason i dont like Discover Smiley Wink Took me so many hps to get one and now they are giving out cards without one to many. SMHSmiley Wink. Congrats on getting it without a hpSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great news for me. I didn't know they aren't doing a HP. If i would have known, i probably would have tried to go for a third card as well...

Oh well, some other time, i guess ^^

Message 4 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

I got my Discover It card in July 2015 with no HP. But I had app'd in Jan or Feb & declined with a HP. Then in June they started mailing me pr-approvals. I bit on the third one, and it was probably no HP because the HP on my earlier app allowed them to SP review and improvement in my score prompted them to pre-appove.

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

In my humble opinion ones Fico score means squat to Discover. When i first got my Discover i believe i was about 690-695. Im now at 738 with really good payment history and usage and they didnt want to to offer any luv or show any interest in my profile. There are quite a few who have improved their original Ficos since obtaining their Discover and dont get preapprovals clis or any positive movement. Because the monkeys maning the keyboards hand out cli after tossing darts on their lunchbreak my only conclusion is Bananas play a bigger part in who they like more than FicoSmiley Wink
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped my Discover It 6 months ago from a pre-qual mailer and got the card with no HP.  $6500 SL.  So far it's been $500 CLI every 90 days and its like pulling teeth each time and goes under  2-3 day review and it does not matter how high my scores are.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.