Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Auto CLI Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Auto CLI Question

What's up guys? I'll make it quick. I was approved for the Discover it card last February (the 20th) and received an automatic CLI after 6 months and received another one tonight close to the one year mark. These aren't major increases. Just $500 increases each time. Every time that I've requested via the website or through the phone, I would be asked to be pulled so I never went with it. All things being equal, should I expect increases like this every six months? Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Discover Auto CLI Question

@Anonymous wrote:

What's up guys? I'll make it quick. I was approved for the Discover it card last February (the 20th) and received an automatic CLI after 6 months and received another one tonight close to the one year mark. These aren't major increases. Just $500 increases each time. Every time that I've requested via the website or through the phone, I would be asked to be pulled so I never went with it. All things being equal, should I expect increases like this every six months? Thanks.

I think you might be one of those people that's going to continue to get these regular auto CLIs. I'm not sure they will occur exactly every six motnhs but I think it's a good sign that there's a lot more to come.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HamSupLo - congrats on your love with Discover. In my reading of info over time, you are in a small group. It appears auto CLIs with Discover are more hit and miss with most of them miss. This is good to know that they actually do have a CLI pattern?!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the responses guys. I forgot to mention that my email included the following message:

In the coming months, we will continue to evaluate your account in the first year and may continue increasing your credit line if you qualify. If you would prefer not to receive automatic credit line increases, simply give us a call at 1-800-347-3085.

The end of my first year is pretty much up, so I don't know if they'll keep evaluating me or evaluating me the same way.

Message 4 of 7
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the bump, Discover must have a sense of humor, like you, I got the card in November of 2012,

started with a 6K limit, use pretty heavy, always let a $200 balance report and PIF, at the two year mark, I

receive a email, like the one you received, stating giving you a bump of, wait for it, $200.  On Feb 15, I receive

another email, this is 3 months to the day, we are giving you a bump of, you guessed it $200.  So mine is at every three months.

Maybe I need to let 2K reportSmiley LOL

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 5 of 7
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@asphaltcowboy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the bump, Discover must have a sense of humor, like you, I got the card in November of 2012,

started with a 6K limit, use pretty heavy, always let a $200 balance report and PIF, at the two year mark, I

receive a email, like the one you received, stating giving you a bump of, wait for it, $200.  On Feb 15, I receive

another email, this is 3 months to the day, we are giving you a bump of, you guessed it $200.  So mine is at every three months.

Maybe I need to let 2K reportSmiley LOL

Same here I get an auto CLI every 6 months, and have to call if I don't want it done. They aren't big bumps but it is nice that it does happen.

Message 6 of 7
EW800
Valued Contributor

I've had a few Discover auto-CLI, however always very small.  It was something like $10,000 to $10,400 to $10, 800 to $11, 200 to $11,700.  This is over the course of many years.  I do not use the card much (maybe $100 a month, at the most), so they just take baby steps with me.  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.