Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI 2 Day message

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Discover CLI 2 Day message

Applied or a CLI on my discover and got a 2 Day message... I have never seen this before I usually get approved or straight declined. What does this mean. Also just as an added piece of info I had applied for an additonal discover account and was approved for 3K but decided not too keep as I was trying to do a BT and this was about a couple days ago.. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover CLI 2 Day message

This is so confusing.  Why did you apply for another card and then not keep it?  Then turn around and go for a CLI?  They're going to review the CLI request before processing it.  2-days are nothing bad when it comes to Disco but, your stirring the pot with this randomness.  You'll probably see the CLI if approved when you login by Wed.  If not then you'll get something in the mail.

Message 2 of 10
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

This is so confusing.  Why did you apply for another card and then not keep it?  Then turn around and go for a CLI?  They're going to review the CLI request before processing it.  2-days are nothing bad when it comes to Disco but, your stirring the pot with this randomness.  You'll probably see the CLI if approved when you login by Wed.  If not then you'll get something in the mail.

SL wasnt high enough and really didnt want two. but ok i guess I will be on the lookout.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 10
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Quick phone call and they would've moved it to your existing account Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

Quick phone call and they would've moved it to your existing account Smiley Happy

They told they couldnt I would have to wait 90 days to even be considered for that.

Message 5 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Well. usually what 2 days mean for most CLs is someone actually looks at the account(s) and decides on if you get a CLI... 

What you did was a bit .. random... and wasn't such a good idea...

You used possibly 2 HP to open another card...

Ok so it wont work for your BT.. but hear me out....

Keep it for 3 months and it will likely grow on its own.. 

if not. you can transfer the CL to your other discover....in the 90 days. then close it... so at least youd get the 3000 added to your current card..

You can apply for something else for your BT since discover didnt work for you, but wasting the pulls.. they dont give you those back when you decline the card..

And i highly think when they review your account.. they might shake their head and find a reason not to grant it this time around...

-J

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 2 day message for me usually means an increase 75% of the time.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Harvey, I don't know from experience how it would go if you tried explaining to Discover what you needed in that first card, and now in this second. But, it might be worth doing so since those hard pulls are still fairly fresh. If you can get the first card back it makes way for a combined credit line, and it will grow soon enough with use. $3K isn't a bad starting line with Disco, even if it's too low for a proper balance transfer.

Message 8 of 10
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Harvey, I don't know from experience how it would go if you tried explaining to Discover what you needed in that first card, and now in this second. But, it might be worth doing so since those hard pulls are still fairly fresh. If you can get the first card back it makes way for a combined credit line, and it will grow soon enough with use. $3K isn't a bad starting line with Disco, even if it's too low for a proper balance transfer.

Limit was increased from 4.4k to 5.4K.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Not a bad increase. Almost 25%.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.