Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Situation-Card still in system as Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI Situation-Card still in system as Secured

@water..... have you ever got one Besides the first? When I was unsecured I got one, but then I hit the button and got another one after that.
Message 11 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@masseffect.... this is so odd. Thx for adding to this. I'll call on Monday and hopefully it will be fixed. Seems super strange to me. Hopefully they figure out how to fix this. I suppose we could close the one card and apply for another... but I will only do that as a last resort.
Message 12 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just the one increase. They said the same thing that it shows as secured and always tell me it's a gap in the system and will be resolved and 2 days and do it over phone next time but this has been going on for 4 months

Side not I just applied for another discover to just see if I can just start fresh with an unsecured card from beginning but I got a denial ...

EQ 773
Conflicting reasons:

CURRENT SECURED CARD
TIME SINCE UNSECURED STATUS LESS THAN 12 MONTHS

regardless what you hear, there isn't anyone higher up that can do anything. It's all computer based and the reps only know what is on their screen and will just sound like an android reading the computer message to you

Message 13 of 73
jtw34240
Regular Contributor

I've had the same issue as the first poster on this thread. My card was unsecured. I think for me it started less than a month ago. I got a line increase in mid february of 1k taking my original line of 1k to 2k. my card unsecured a few months ago.in may my card will be 1 year old. I hit that button several several times till i got an increase in mid february. now when i press the button i get the 2 day message. i call that 800 number and they tell me the secured line business then they withdraw the request. this is very annoying we need to keep on them till they get this fixed. othewise it will be a never ending loop of not ever getting another increase or waiting on an auto increase and that might never happen.

Message 14 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

This sucks. Go figure it happens to my favorite card
Message 15 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if you close the current card and then apply if you would get approved. Might be what we have to do
Message 16 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there an Execitive Office or someone we can write to?

Another strange thing is last mo I was denied for not enough experience at current line. Why didn't I get the denied cuz it is a secured card?
Maybe this is a new thing over the last few weeks?
Message 17 of 73
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

EO # 866-222-0536

If the denials are saying 12 months since converison that's the same as the regular guidleines as well for adding another card from Disco.  I think if everyone having the issue starts hammering them once a week they'll find a solution if it's not just a fluke in the system.

Message 18 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is definitely a downside to having a Discover Secured card. I didn't think there was one until now
Message 19 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Is there an Execitive Office or someone we can write to?

Another strange thing is last mo I was denied for not enough experience at current line. Why didn't I get the denied cuz it is a secured card?
Maybe this is a new thing over the last few weeks?

I also got this on my CLI request on 2/7/17 and 1/18/17 so you are not alone... For me, it is most likely that they do not think I am experienced enough since I received that response twice and my last increase was on 12/15/16...........   My card graduated in late November...

Okay being a good test bunny, I just logged in and pressed the CLI button I got the "It needs manual review 2 day message" I guess the system has messed my account up as well! 

Message 20 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.