Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Situation-Card still in system as Secured

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover CLI Situation-Card still in system as Secured

i still don't see me asking you if you use those, but okay. I wanted to know-and did ask you-if you had the options available, not if you did it. As in, can you check to see if you can?

I wanted to know if we had other things in common on our accounts besides them being taken as secured cards when requesting CLIs. I would never ask for a CLI or use a cash advance check. But-I think it is interesting I don't have those options, like most secured cards don't, and most unsecured do.

I am relaxed.

Maybe I did misinterpret your post but I don't think I misinterpreted you telling me to relax. I wasn't upset in the least.
Message 31 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just wrote a SM to customer service-a long detailed one--and I am sending one to the EO today as well. It is about as detailed as I can get and also voiced my concerns and frustrations with this issue.

I'll update if and when I hear something.
Message 32 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

i tried reading as much of this thread as possible,

so are you saying you applied for a credit limit increase, you received the increase, and then 45 days later you requested another increase and thats when you got the 2 days notice/error?

Message 33 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a CLI in a December. I requested one last week and got a 2 day message. After calling and talking to them-my card won't increase because the system is acting like this is a secured card and it is not. They say they are aware of this and others have had this problem-and we all keep getting told 48 hours.

Update on my SM:
I received a reply that said they are aware of the issue on my card and many others who are having the same issue. They said the techs are on it and try again in 48 hours. Lmao.
So I wrote back again and told them that I have been told that before, and that others have been getting told this for 60 days now and it never gets fixed. I told them this is not good customer service and I have written the executive offices and said I am not going to drop this until it is fixed. (In a nicer way than that)
I'll update again if I get a reply.

Also, I was told on Friday to call this number and tney would push an increase through if it was not automatically given by then as 2 different credit line analysts have now recommended an increase for my account. Sure would be nice if I could get that increase.
I'll believe the increase on Friday when it happens.
Message 34 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

so within a three month period you're asking for another increase? although the system appears to be glitched up, i've seen people get increases as soon as 90 days, but most is 120-180 days.  I personally have had the most success with Discover IT at a 6 month (180) waiting period.  Also, in Discover's Terms agreement, it basically states that credit limit increases are discretionary, so i dont know how far writing them and demanding an answer to your "request" for a credit limit increase will get you.  I hope you get it! btw, what was the amount of your last increase? mine have only been $500 at a clip, however with BOA it was a $2200 increase. Cap 1 was only like $1,000 as well

Message 35 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

That isn't the point really. The Discover expert on here (IMO anyway) says every 61 days... and if you search the topic for Discover some get them every 31 days.... but the main issue in this post is that I was told by two separate underwriters I would get the increase-they both told me they approved it-and both tried to increase the limit-but that is where the problem lies. They try to increase it and the system denies it saying it is a secured card and I need a deposit to increase.
Message 36 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

My last one was $1250 for Discover. You are on the $500 schedule it appears. You can read up on that too.

(and I don't believe I ever said I demanded an answer. The problem is all of us who this happens to keep getting a 48 hours fix answer, and that has been going on for months. I just want a real answer and I don't think tnat is too much to ask)
Message 37 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received a letter from Discover after my 2-day message saying "BANK INFORMATION NOT RECEIVED".  Im assuming this is the same thing, i was secured, unsecured from 800 and auto CLI to 1750, then requested a CLI and went to 5700 in November, requested again and got up to 9700 in December, and since then have gotten denials with this as the reason.  I just sent them a SM asking what gives basically, will update here

Message 38 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the same thing. You'll probably be told they know about it and it will be fixed in 48 hours. Lol
Message 39 of 73
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Did you explain to them that you do not know me at all? I have a perpetually secured Disco and it sounds like they got you confused with me. Clarify that and you will probbaly get a huge increase. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 40 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.