Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI Timeline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover CLI Timeline

Just got my Discover card, hoping for it to grow. I am just wondering when is a good/typical time to request the first CLI? (I've read about double dipping and all of that, I just don't know how long they want you to have the card before getting a CLI.) And then after the first one is it request every 6 months or?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: Discover CLI Timeline

It varies from person to person, but there is no penalty for mashing on whatever schedule you like.  I know some folks here make it a weekly activity.  

TYPICALLY I see 300-500 offered up every 3-6 months in my experience.  

Message 3 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Nice. Others will weigh in to that waiting time after new approval for you but many of us pay them a visit for SP CLI every 91 days or so.

Good Luck in seeing it grow well for you Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Discover IT card for around 4-5 months now. The starting limit was pretty low, and I was thinking of requesting an increase, but around the 3rd month they gave me an auto CLI. It's still not a super high limit, but decent enough for now.

I'd say give it about three months and see what happens. If they don't offer one up, then ask.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you ever get an auto cli from discover make sure to log in and double dip on the website.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone looking to increase their Discover CL on a new account, I'd give it the standard 3-4 cycles to see if you get an auto-CLI first and then double dip if you do get one.  If after 3-4 cycles you don't see an auto-CLI, I'd recommend requesting your first CLI.  If denied or approved, try again in 30-60 days, your choice.  No harm in trying more often, but I think every 30-60 days is a good amount of time between requests.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my card last Dec. I wasn’t granted an increase until April (roughly 120 days). I have received one every month since then. 

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened my discover IT on 8/4 for $10k. Waited until 91 days (technically 92 because I waited one more day so as to request on a weekday) today 11/6, and requested CLI. They gave me $3k, called to ask for more but required a HP & was feeling too lazy to unfreeze reports. I intend to request again in another 60 days & continue that schedule. Good luck
Message 9 of 16
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

I try every month, when my statement cuts. 

I'm denied every month, when my statement cuts. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.