Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI denied

tag
916networktech
Contributor

Discover CLI denied

I did a credit line inquiry and was denied. Recieved the letter REASON: INSUFFICIENT EPERIENCE WIHT CURRENT DISCOVER CARD CREDIT LIMIT

**bleep**

I call up Credit Operations and was told the same.

I told the guy look buddy I have $1500 credit limit, I pay $400 a month to you guys every month, and you guys are telling me I dont know how to handle my credit.  For the Record my TU is 702 and Experien is 705

| January 2017 American Express Blue $3000 | October 2017 American Express Everyday $2800 | October 2017 American Express Schwab Investor Card $6000 | September 2017 Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa $500 | December 2016 Discover it | $3,000 | September 2017 Paypal MC $700 | September 2017 Nordstrom Store CC $3000 | CreditCare $12000 | December 2017 BBVA Visa $12500 |

EX 688 December 2018
TU 680 December 2018
INQs: 5
Credit Started January 2017

cc
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover CLI denied

This is VERY standard with DiscoSmiley Wink. Dont take it personal its their generic answer when you are elible yet. I once hulk smashed like 3 weeks straigjt but never got a letter, always same response. Discover gives when shes in the mood, he for you ladies out thereSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel I'm in the same boat. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you had the card for?
Message 4 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Many of us are in the same boat so you are far from alone and for many they by far our smallest TL with good scores and good income.  Discover likes people either newer to credit, people right out of BK or people with not alot of credit and then you will see the big CL and CLI's.  If you aren't one of those it will take you a LONG time to get anywhere with discover from my experience and reading.

Message 5 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I started at $2500 and in a year have inched up to 4k on $500 dietary pills lol. Im eligble to try next week so lets see how Disco rewards my 1st year haha. OP, if you want to understand how Disco toys with all of us like mice in a big experiment, check out the big Discover thread in applications subforumSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 20
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Don’t feel bad OP as I can assure you there’s a lot of us here that went through that CLI drought with Disco. I for one went through 7.5 months of monthly rejection with them. From 12/31/2016 to 07/15/2017 to be precise! Until they cave and then another one last month for the 60 day gravy! Will try again Monday to see if they have a sumptuous 30 day soup for me! Lol! Heck, even the world renowned BBS received over 30 letters of denial from weekly hulk smashing that pesky button! He finally broke through recently with that staggering CLI to $30K from $24K!!! Now that’s what I call The Incredible hulk smash!!!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 7 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

This year i didn't see one since December of last year and it was but 500 smackers.

Waited another 90+ days and just this week was shocked with another 500.

Sometimes theres no rhyme or reason it seems when others are getting motherload CLI's but you just have to test the waters again later.

Eventually they get around to some of us.

Message 8 of 20
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Im one of those folks with a thin clean profile that seems to be right up Discos alley.... 16300 is how far I got with them... 

Three monthis in, double dip after the auto-cli, and then pretty much clockwork thereafter...then zip ... Not even the CLI lite 500$ pill. ... This years been a big fat nothing... but I may be at my internal limit with them.. but id love them to occasionally throw me a bone.....

-J

Message 9 of 20
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

This post reminded me to try for a CLI. 5k increase. After going 180 days between cli's I have gotten 2 in the last 75 days or so.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.