Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover CLI to 10K+

tag
jla84
Regular Contributor

Discover CLI to 10K+

Just did a CLI on my Discover it via the automated phone system - got an increase of $1500 for a total CL of 10,700! This is my second card that has finally made it over a 10K limit! And I believe this was my 4th CLI with Discover.

I did have to input my income and monthly rent amount - does that mean it's a hard pull? If it's a HP, I may call in again to request a higher increase because $1500 for a HP would not make me happy. I'll have to see if I get a credit alert for an inquiry tomorrow. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Discover CLI to 10K+

@jla84 wrote:

Just did a CLI on my Discover it via the automated phone system - got an increase of $1500 for a total CL of 10,700! This is my second card that has finally made it over a 10K limit! And I believe this was my 4th CLI with Discover.

I did have to input my income and monthly rent amount - does that mean it's a hard pull? If it's a HP, I may call in again to request a higher increase because $1500 for a HP would not make me happy. I'll have to see if I get a credit alert for an inquiry tomorrow. 

Congrats

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
ElleC

Congrats!

Message 3 of 8
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 4 of 8
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Now only if Capital One was this generous!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats! Shouldn't be a HP unless they informed you if you were willing to have your credit pulled.
Message 7 of 8
jla84
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats! Shouldn't be a HP unless they informed you if you were willing to have your credit pulled.

Thanks! I've heard Discover is really good about notifying you if your credit will be pulled or not, but I was using the automated phone system instead of talking to a real person so I wasn't sure if the same rules apply. But still haven't gotten an alert from credit monitoring, so it's looking good for a SP. 

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.