Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover - DONT SAY IT!

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover - DONT SAY IT!

Why do I have the feeling that Discover is just using BK as reason for denial?  Personally I have the feeling it is rather the many new accounts and inq  they do not like as conservative lender. Looking at approvals on thin files they can come up with nice starting limits and on the other hand others with many cards get lower limits..  of course this is only my observation and not based on any grounds Smiley Surprised.

just something when trying to figure out Discover before I gave up.

Message 21 of 45
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

damn that sucks, I applied last year and they wanted me to do a Joint Application for approval, I said no thanks lol I plan on app'ing for Discover again this year!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 22 of 45
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Disover is far from a conservative lender.. As others have stated they will approve people with 630's EQ reports.. They have no rhyme that anyone can figure out who gets approved or not.. People with a 1 year old BK get approved while others don't, people with collections get approved while others that have them don't, etc..  I can't figure them out thus not ever a need for a pull fro them on my CR until it is 100 clean years down the line so they dont have an excuse, although I am sure they can list anything for a denial as it is their money.

Message 23 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Disover is far from a conservative lender.. As others have stated they will approve people with 630's EQ reports.. They have no rhyme that anyone can figure out who gets approved or not.. People with a 1 year old BK get approved while others don't, people with collections get approved while others that have them don't, etc..  I can't figure them out thus not ever a need for a pull fro them on my CR until it is 100 clean years down the line so they dont have an excuse, although I am sure they can list anything for a denial as it is their money.

637 EQ FICO approved here.

Of course, I only had 2 EQ Inquiries, too.

Message 24 of 45
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

to add insult to insury since she wouldn't stop talking about the 9 year old BK I was like get a grip lady, I know discover approves 1 year out of BK, pull another report because it's not listed anywhere else.

she was like I dont' think I can do that but let me put you on hold and ask.

The B pulled a TU while on hold and comes back and says oh I was able to pull a TU and that doesn look MUCH CLEANER and I can see no BK and the new accounts but with that said we still can't approve because of the short history.

I was like WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT... my AAofA is over 5 years... yes I have new accounts, but I have NO DEBT and over $400k available... what the F does discover want?!

"I'm sorry"

I hung up.

OOOO MMMM GGGG....Are you freaking kidding me??!!   (sighs)..

UGH!!!  Seriously!!  Did you school her on the fact that you have other prime lenders etc???  Probably not even worth it!!  IM SOOOO sorry CA!!!  That is frustrating to say the least. My profile is WAYYYYY worse than yours, and they gave it to me, so Im not sure what they are looking for here> Im so mad at them for you!! LOL

Message 25 of 45
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

OMG - this is addiction fueled with PED's.  CreditAddict, you are a determined lot for sure.

I wish the computer shocked my fingers when I went to discovercard.com other than to log into current card.

Reason for Denial with TU: to many Inq's in 6 months. THATS IT!

LMFAOO!!!!   Heck I had 50+ when I miracously got approved on the computer somehow..I have NO earthly I dea how it happened.  I seriously thought when the screen flipped to another screen asking for more verification, and then it flipped to another screen is was gonna possibly be the secured discover card screen..  Call the EO!!

Message 26 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Panda Disaster.gif

Message 27 of 45
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Those people seem to have thin files.  It took me three tries to get in with one paid $72 utility charge-off from six years prior.  They didn't want to hear any explanation whatsoever.

Message 28 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Discover LOVES a thin file!
Message 29 of 45
EdMan63
Established Contributor

I want a Discover. But I refuse to apply until my file is clean. My CO is 5 years old and from reading they seem to deny for much less. They will be the first I apply to when it falls off.

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.