Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT Chrome declined

tag
Reighn9
Frequent Contributor

Discover IT Chrome declined

I just applied for the Chrome card because a great balance transfer offer and was declined for the reason of "length of time with another Discover product". That was the only reason given. I applied online and a number was given for me to call. When I asked the lady what the length of time was they needed, all she would tell me was it varies with the product. I've had my Discover IT for 1 year with a limit of $12000, and never been late. Anybody have any experience here?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover IT Chrome declined

Thats strange i would try again and speak to a new person.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you've had the It for a year, that doesn't make much sense.  I would definitely call back and speak to someone else and see what's going on with that.

Message 3 of 9
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

They are very conservative so maybe that was a nice way of saying "We don't care to extend you any more credit at this time".
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reighn9 wrote:

I just applied for the Chrome card because a great balance transfer offer and was declined for the reason of "length of time with another Discover product". That was the only reason given. I applied online and a number was given for me to call. When I asked the lady what the length of time was they needed, all she would tell me was it varies with the product. I've had my Discover IT for 1 year with a limit of $12000, and never been late. Anybody have any experience here?

Agreed, you should give them a call.

Message 5 of 9
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

auto-bots. definitely call. just because there's a hold-up in the system, doesn't mean they won't extend you credit in person. after 1yr of having the card, you should have enough established with them to warrant another. however, they are conservative. what is your util on the other card? 

Message 6 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Definitely Call and state your case with them.

Message 7 of 9
Mellon
Established Contributor

Wow a 12k limit on Discover is GREAT

Message 8 of 9
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

Wow a 12k limit on Discover is GREAT

I agree12k is awesome. Discover rarely recons. but its worth the try. mellon. you got a gte. ? just go approved monday for it. its on the way. not sure what to think they are very very helpful there.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.