Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT- Need Joint App Advice?

tag
Te3030
Regular Contributor

Discover IT- Need Joint App Advice?

Discover says I need a Joint App, the only person I would do joint with is my spouse. The issue is, back in August my Spouse applied and was told the same thing, need a joint app. Should we apply together or just wait?

The reason behind the Joint app was a paid tax lein, we both have that. No other negatives though, but just started establishing credit in June 2014.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover IT- Need Joint App Advice?

That's a pretty intesting situation, I would just give them a call and explain the situation and see if it's worth apping again

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 8
capitalkid
Regular Contributor

Weird I dont see anywhere on the app where there is a spot for a joint applicant. There is a spot for an additional user . I thought I read credit cards except for CU 's don't do joint applications for cards anymore. I also thought I read they don't do co-signers either. I would verify that in writing if I were you.
Message 3 of 8
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

It may be something you have to do over the phone with them, I've never done it so I can't really give you any advice on it.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 8
tallchick
Valued Member

I had the same thing and when I added my hubby I was still denied, could be that we had purchased a home recently.  I think they dislike tax liens....paid or not!! Try calling you might get better answers.  Good luck and keep us updated on your outcome!

Message 5 of 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Since both applications say that. Its a possibility it could still be denied. Bascially the joint app is asking for someone who has a better credit profile in the event of you not paying. Its like a co signer.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@tallchick wrote:

I had the same thing and when I added my hubby I was still denied, could be that we had purchased a home recently.  I think they dislike tax liens....paid or not!! Try calling you might get better answers.  Good luck and keep us updated on your outcome!

+1

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 8
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
Since both applications say that. Its a possibility it could still be denied. Bascially the joint app is asking for someone who has a better credit profile in the event of you not paying. Its like a co signer.

+1

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.