Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover IT offering $150 sign up bonus

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover IT offering $150 sign up bonus

I would be upset... Discover does alot of bait and switch with the 0% apr, but since most can't meet whatever criteria that takes they modify it to whatever APR they feel like since you took the HP and offered credit, now this bs..... I would be very UPSET...

Message 41 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. I hate Discover.
I opted out of paperless statements just so they have to mail a blank statement every month. I will only spend about $10 a year on this card so I can be sure they are losing money on me.
They bait and switched me as well.
Message 42 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yup. I hate Discover.
I opted out of paperless statements just so they have to mail a blank statement every month. I will only spend about $10 a year on this card so I can be sure they are losing money on me.
They bait and switched me as well.

I like it!

Message 43 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they still offering the $150 sign-up offer as of today? Every time I try to look for it on the Discover site, I can never seem to find it anywhere unless I click the link provided by OP. 

Just wondering 'cause I'm going to be apping for this bad boy here in the next few days! 

Message 44 of 49
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are they still offering the $150 sign-up offer as of today? Every time I try to look for it on the Discover site, I can never seem to find it anywhere unless I click the link provided by OP. 

Just wondering 'cause I'm going to be apping for this bad boy here in the next few days! 

It is still available but ya I could not find it through discover as well. Check these out:

http://www.dealmoon.com/Get-150-cash-back-after-required-spend-Discover-it-Card/156309.html

http://www.nerdwallet.com/card-details/card-name/Discover-It-75-Cash-Back

http://slickdeals.net/f/7314350-discover-it-credit-card-spend-750-in-first-3-months-earn-150-cash-back

Message 45 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I would be upset... Discover does alot of bait and switch with the 0% apr, but since most can't meet whatever criteria that takes they modify it to whatever APR they feel like since you took the HP and offered credit, now this bs..... I would be very UPSET...

Perhaps. But at least they give you a chance on the spot.

I applied for the 18 month 0% Purchase and BT offer. I was counteroffered 6 months 0% Purchase and 10.99% BT's -- I took it because I knew my EQ FICO (637 at time of approval) was and is still in CapOne territory (Now 649).

Message 46 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@herpnthederp wrote:

Okay, I called them. I got declined because of a PIF tax lien. I had setup payments with the DOR for taxes and didnt realize they ever only took 1 payment until i get a letter in the mail come january saying i owed and had a lien filed with the courthouse, so in 10 years or w.e. the limit is maybe i can get a discover card Smiley Sad

I had something not dissimilar happen and got approved after 6 years. There is hope!

Message 47 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question for you folks! 

I just ran $750+ on my new Discover It card with the $150 sign-up bonus. When will I get my cashback bonus from the spending? Is it after this month or is it immediately after I pay the full balance off?

Message 48 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question for you folks! 

I just ran $750+ on my new Discover It card with the $150 sign-up bonus. When will I get my cashback bonus from the spending? Is it after this month or is it immediately after I pay the full balance off?

Statement after.

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.