Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Chrome and Discover It

tag
Foodie2018
Contributor

Discover It Chrome and Discover It

Hello-

Ok, so I'm supposed to be gardening BUT the way my internet surfing is....... LOL. 

Somehow I found myself on the Discover Pre Qual site. I'm itching to apply because I got a pre-appoval for the Discover It and Disc Chrome.

I'm still rebuilding...what do you think my chances are?

EQ-640

TU-647

EX-633

Cap One Secure $200/0

Cap One Plat $1000/$52

Credit One $450/0

BK -7/22 FICO -601
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Chrome and Discover It

Had similar-ish scores as you and last month (little over a year after discharge), their pre-qualify went from only offering a secured, to both of them so I tried and got it.  I'd say if they're popping up for you, especially if you've tried before and got nothing and/or secured, you'd have a good shot at it. 

Just my two cents.  

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their prequals are solid.  Generally, if you prequal you will get it..the benefit of waiting would be a higher SL if that is important to you

Message 3 of 21
Foodie2018
Contributor

Thank you for responding...Drusbo.

A few weeks ago, I tried the Discover pre-qual and I got the pre-approval for the just the  secured. So I am siked about getting the unsecured. Not sure if I want to pull the trigger yet ( I have 9 inquires).

Its still nice to know that my hard work is starting to show.

BK -7/22 FICO -601
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it, OP.
Message 5 of 21
Foodie2018
Contributor

I think I just might! : )

BK -7/22 FICO -601
Message 6 of 21
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Make sure you keep us in the loop, I have been very happy with Discover in my 9 months. Service has always been quick and top notch and I like the card benefits, especially for the first year.

Good luck OP!

Robot Very Happy

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had very similar scores in Nov and was approved for Discover It $1600 SL...
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FICO across all three bureaus was in the upper 680s.  I prequalified and rolled the dice.  I was given a $10k SL for the Discover it Chrome.  After 3 mos I was given an auto CLI to 11,500.  Thinking I may be leaving money on the table I pressed the luv button and got another $500.

All that said, I have read where some folks prequalified and were declined.  I think that is true for any prequal / preapproval.  As they say "YMMV."

Good luck and let us know the results!

Message 9 of 21
cf2701
Regular Contributor

My scores were similar to yours recently and I got approved for $2K. YMMV

I’d say got for it. Agree with the rest.
BBVA Clearpoints $16,000 | Discover $13,900 | CECU Visa $10,000 | NFCU Go Rewards Visa Sig. $18,500 | NFCU CLOC $15,000 | PayPal CB MC $10,000 | Paypal Credit $10,000 | Card $7,500 | AMX Hilton Honors Ascend $2,000 | Wayfair $23,900 | Sportsmans Guide Visa $12,400 | Kohls $3,000 | Capital One Savor One $3,500 | PNC Cash Rewards $17,000 | PenFed Power Cash Rewards $10,000 | PenFed Gold $10,000 | Lowe's $20,000 | Best Buy Visa $4,000 | Home Depot $4,000 | NFCU Platinum $25,000
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.