Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It? Confused...

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover It? Confused...

prob. appoved just need to verify something, i think i had the same sit.  when i got mine last yr, had to send proof of address, had one of their cards when i was young and dumb and they had an old address for me. but i tihnk i got an email asking for some documents like bank statement and or paycheck

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 11 of 20
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I was approved! Smiley Very Happy I can't believe it LOL!!

It said on the check status thing I wasn't approved but I called in and they said it was still pending, asked what I liked about the card, why my credit history was only a year and why so many new accounts, I explained why and she said I was doing a great job at managing my credit and she would be happy to approve me.  So approved for $1500!! Smiley Very Happy

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 12 of 20
dtjones052209
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Now you can add that to your siggy!... I am still waiting my for my turn to join the discover family, but until then i will be happy gardening.

Message 13 of 20
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

It said on the check status thing I wasn't approved but I called in and they said it was still pending, asked what I liked about the card, why my credit history was only a year and why so many new accounts, I explained why and she said I was doing a great job at managing my credit and she would be happy to approve me.  So approved for $1500!! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats and Welcome to the Discover Family!

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 14 of 20
ddk369

Congrats. I was just approved last weekend for an IT Card. Kept on getting letters in the mail and the free Fico score monitoring was tempting. It's my 2nd card after keeping my cap1 for the last 3 years. The issue was when I applied and got approved, they didn't state the limit or give me a confirmation email or anything. I called them and then confirmed and it was a 5K limit and got the email and am still waiting for the card.

For the Chase Freedom, I got a similar message as you. I was worried I got denied so I called in. They just wanted to verify some info and got approved for 3K. 

So happy now it's time to garden!

CCs: Discover IT 5K/Chase Rewards 3K->7.5K/Cap One Journey 2K->8K/AMEX Gold/CITI Corporate 25K
Auto: Ally Bank 6%/60 (07/13)
Scores:
CK/Fico EQ: 600/590s (07/13)
CK 698/EX+ 720/EQ+ 700/TU 710 (04/14)

Goal: FICO ALL 3 700+ (07/14)
Current: EQ 708/TU 710 (06/16)

Message 15 of 20
alvon123
Super Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

congrats

Message 16 of 20
Buildablecreditz

call it may be as simple as verifying info on your app. Congrats in advance 

Message 17 of 20
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Use the card and it will definitely grow with you.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 18 of 20
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 19 of 20
MadDscientist

Congrats your going to love this card and all iT has to offer .

√Wells Fargo college cashback [$800]
√Discover it [$3.5k]

√Iron rusts from disuse; water loses its purity from stagnation... even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.