cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover It Denial- I Am Devastated!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover It Denial- I Am Devastated!

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I can't get approved for unsecured and my Secured won't graduate. .

I've noticed a few others on the board stating lately that their Discover will not gradute. Hmm. Might be something to keep an eye on. Not sure if I've heard of too many secured cards that never graduate (except those cards whose agreements state that it's not a card that can graduate) - at least, we don't hear of that happening too often. Sorry to hear.

Message 31 of 60
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Smiley Sad MyLo. Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 60
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

Wow!  Very interesting responses regarding Discover.  I had no idea they were this difficult.  This is my first Discover card.  

I was instantly approved with a $9k starting limit and 0% interest until 2018.  I am just shy of 6 months post discharge from a CH13.  I can't remember which CRA they pulled from but my scores range from 650-675.  I also have less than 5 inquires on each CR.  My utilitization is under 9% and I always PIF monthly.

I have a very strong rebuild and a solid history prior to my BK.  My AAoA is strong and I have a high income.  I have no store cards and no plans of obtaining any.  I don't have any sub-prime cc and have no plans of obtaining any.  

Hope these data points help someone!  Hang in there KidInk, it will happen!

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 33 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I can't get approved for unsecured and my Secured won't graduate. I am beginning to think my Ex bought Discover and she is just being mean. Smiley Sad

@MyLoFICO I'm going to bet that it's your INQ count that's holding up your graduation.Smiley Sad Whats your 6m/12m counts? Discover AR's EQ every couple of months even if they base CLI's on TU. They're always peeking at EQ as well.

Message 34 of 60
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

I can't get approved for unsecured and my Secured won't graduate. I am beginning to think my Ex bought Discover and she is just being mean. Smiley Sad

@MyLoFICO I'm going to bet that it's your INQ count that's holding up your graduation.Smiley Sad Whats your 6m/12m counts? Discover AR's EQ every couple of months even if they base CLI's on TU. They're always peeking at EQ as well.

0-6 Months: 0 for all 3 CRA's

6-12 Months: Exp: 10 TU: 14 EQF: 7

As of May this year it will be:

0-12 Months Exp: 1 TU: 1 EQF: 0

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 35 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Get your Util as low as possible by the end of May. If you have time see if you can backdoor into your EQ report or pull a full one to see when the last AR was done...below is their last little peek at my EQ report. Seems to be about every 60/90 they're checking in.

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 1.41.38 PM.png

Message 36 of 60
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Get your Util as low as possible by the end of May. If you have time see if you can backdoor into your EQ report or pull a full one to see when the last AR was done...below is their last little peek at my EQ report. Seems to be about every 60/90 they're checking in.

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 1.41.38 PM.png

Thanks for the info. I will do that. I have my AR (annual report?) now. I pulled them a week or so ago. Plus, my UTIL is probably at 24% now as that 30% is almost a month old and I put my entire tax refund on it plus an extra paycheck. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 37 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

Thanks for the info. I will do that. I have my AR (annual report?) now. I pulled them a week or so ago. Plus, my UTIL is probably at 24% now as that 30% is almost a month old and I put my entire tax refund on it plus an extra paycheck. 

If you pulled your annual credit reports for annualcreditreport-dot-com, you should be able to see the "Inquiries That Don't Impact Your Credit" section on the EQ report. Check for "AR-Disover Financial SVCS" .."AR" stands for "Account Review" in this case, which is exactly what it is.  That will be the last snapshot they have internally of your EQ file...you might see more than one from them which might give your an indication how often they are checking in on you...

Message 38 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kidink1911 wrote:

I don't know what it is about my credit profile but Discover wants nothing to do with me!

I have applied in the past when my score was "in the pits" and was denied (of course, my score was terrible) but I have a good credit score now (upper 600s), a great income (over 100K), and they still will not approve me. 

I was approved for an AMEX on March 1st (which is no easy fate) and this was the last card I wanted in my card portfolio. 

I guess its to the garden I go with a hung head and a heavy heart. Smiley Sad

@kidink1911 apologies for hi-jacking the thread Smiley Sad

Message 39 of 60
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kidink1911 wrote:

I don't know what it is about my credit profile but Discover wants nothing to do with me!

I have applied in the past when my score was "in the pits" and was denied (of course, my score was terrible) but I have a good credit score now (upper 600s), a great income (over 100K), and they still will not approve me. 

I was approved for an AMEX on March 1st (which is no easy fate) and this was the last card I wanted in my card portfolio. 

I guess its to the garden I go with a hung head and a heavy heart. Smiley Sad

@kidink1911 apologies for hi-jacking the thread Smiley Sad

Oops. Me too. I forgot where I was posting. Mods can delete them if they like. 

Updated 1-25-18
Message 40 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.