Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Miles application declined due to recent Discover Cash Reward opening

tag
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Discover Miles application declined due to recent Discover Cash Reward opening

My application for Discover Miles credit card was declined due to opening a recent Discover Cash Rewards credit card. Anyway, I opened that card ~10 months ago and it is not very recent.

Does anyone know the recommended waiting time after opening a Discover credit card to apply for a second one?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover Miles application declined due to recent Discover Cash Reward opening

12 months, you need to have at least 1 year before they'll approve another card.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Miles application declined due to recent Discover Cash Reward opening

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
12 months, you need to have at least 1 year before they'll approve another card.

Sorry about the denial!

AJC is correct; however, I would say wait 13-14months. I have read mixed reviews on when Discover considers your year to be up.

Message 3 of 4
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

I checked my credit reports and it seems that they did not do a HP. Then, I think, it should be fine to apply again after ~13-14 months.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.