Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-Approval with Solid APRs

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Discover Pre-Approval with Solid APRs

Shout-out to @Anonymous for pointing out that the Discover Pre-Approval page is now providing solid APRs for many people.

Here is a direct link to the pre-approval page:  https://www.discovercard.com/application/prequal?execution=e1s1

• Note that this isn't a 'special' link; you can get to it by navigating to the main discover.com page, then selecting 'All Products', then 'Credit Cards', then 'See if You're Pre-Approved'.
  • The page does ask for your full social security number, but it states at the bottom that it does not impact your credit score; so far no one has reported a HP from using the tool.
  • Many people with existing Discover cards have reported success with the tool as well, but it is assumed the ususal requirement that an existing Discover account be at least a year old before getting a second account is still in effect.
  • At the bottom of the offer there is an expiration date in the 'fine print'.
Message 99 of 191
190 REPLIES 190
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Discover via new Pre-Approval site!

Editing out URL just in case, go to their website, All Products, Credit Cards, See if you're Pre-Approved. 

It says "prequal" but I think it might be a HP... it asks for full social and income/residence info, plus it says this at bottom,

By checking this box, I authorize Discover to obtain information from my personal credit report or other information from one or more credit reporting agencies to determine if I am eligible for a credit card offer. I understand that this is not credit card application and by using this service Privacy Notices terms apply.

Would love to hear from the folks who used it if it shows up as SP or HP on their reports.

Message 1 of 191
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Editing out URL just in case, go to their website, All Products, Credit Cards, See if you're Pre-Approved. 

It says "prequal" but I think it might be a HP... it asks for full social and income/residence info, plus it says this at bottom,

By checking this box, I authorize Discover to obtain information from my personal credit report or other information from one or more credit reporting agencies to determine if I am eligible for a credit card offer. I understand that this is not credit card application and by using this service Privacy Notices terms apply.

Would love to hear from the folks who used it if it shows up as SP or HP on their reports.

Thank you!  I found it.  I'm preapproval for the first time with Discover.  Unfortunately, I'm not ready to apply. Oh well...now I know where to look!

Message 2 of 191
bldmt
Regular Contributor

It has "Will not affect your credit score" verbiage at the very bottom.

Message 3 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

its def a soft pull.. discovered it today, tried for bf - sorry your credit report is frozen.. OH.. oops! LOL

Message 4 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

0952B024-2EFC-470F-8508-491D0DE65CC6.jpegDefinitely a SP and a solid pre approval. 

Message 5 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was worried might be a hard pull when it was asking for so much info on the pre qualify page but then scrolled down to the submit button and it said  This won't impact your credit score .  I am guessing I received a hard pull once submitted the final app but not from the pre qualify site based on the language

Message 6 of 191
bott6698
Established Contributor

Yes it is for sure a SP for the preapproval

10/11/2017 EQ 640 TU 639 EX 652 12/10/2016 EQ 621 TU 607 EX 626 10/10/16 EQ566 TU591 EX 587
01/31/2008 EX 502 EQ 466 TU 481
3/14/2008 EX 578 EQ 539 TU 543
4/16/2008 EX 622 EQ 532 TU 578
5/19/2008 EX 604 EQ 591 TU 592
1/1/2009 EQ 625 EX 576 TU 569
02/13/2009 EQ 648 EX 617 TU 590
09/28/2009 EQ 568 TU 591
Thanks to all Fico supporters for your encouragement and advice
Message 7 of 191
JourneyStartsNow
New Contributor

Got the sorry you're not pre-approved message. They will mail me a letter within 7-10 days explaining why. Must be because I burned them in BK7 a few years ago Smiley Sad. Hopefully someday I'll be able to get back in. 

BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 8 of 191
stargazer25
Regular Contributor

I tried it too. SP with pre-approval for IT and Chrome.  Don't need it but good to know. 

Starting Scores: September 2015 minus 500 across the board
Current Scores: October 2017 EQ: 715 TU: 710 EX: 716
In My Wallet:
Cap1 QS: $4.8K - AMEX BCP: $4.2K - Old Navy Visa: $7K - Nordstrom $3.8K - VS $500 (FTW!)
BofA AU: $12K AMEX AU: $25K
Business: AMEX BCP $15K
Message 9 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.