cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-Approval with Solid APRs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Discover via new Pre-Approval site!

Yes, actually they pulled both for me.

Saw the HP come through on EX and the letter that came with the card showed that the decision was based on info from EQ and my score.

Message 20 of 191
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Hadn't noticed the different prequalify page before.  I was prequalified for (a 2nd) Discover it, Discover it Chrome, and Discover Miles.  As an earlier poster mentioned, the APRs seemed unusually high to me, though, like 7% higher than my cold app last year!  As tempting as it is to go for another Cashback Match, I'm all good with apping for now!

Message 21 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know its too early to say that its a solid pre approving tool since not many have tried to apply. Would be interesting to see if someone gets a solid preaprroval and gets denied. Good Luck everyone. Keep on postin’
Message 22 of 191
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

no i don't think i want to see someone gets denied for Discover those few seconds of excitement is the real treasure Smiley Happy

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 23 of 191
chaos51
Regular Contributor

Ugh! I really don't need ANOTHER new card this year (or probably next year), but I have been stuck at $3,200, and up until yesterday I was at 23.99% (they offered to lower it to 19.24% or something similar) on my Disco for a while and now they pre-approve me @ 11.99%. My disco now is one of my lowest limits, and my profile has grown and changed significantly this year, thanks in large to this community. Ughhh it's hard to not jump on it, but I will resist.

image1.jpeg

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 24 of 191
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

has anyone apped for the card based on this..........there is a disclaimer on my page where I got "pre-approval" for the IT and chrome card......it states 

"This offer will be valid until October 19, 2017.

You are eligible to apply for only one of the offers above. Pre-approval is not final approval. If you apply for an offer, Discover will review and verify full application and credit report to confirm that you meet the criteria for this offer."

I think I would get denied as I have 2 Discover cards already and I think that is the limit

Message 25 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was pre-approved for the discover it card and the miles card. The circle was spinning for awhile so I was getting a bit nervous (not sure why). It says the pre-approval is valid until Oct. 20th. Not sure if they pull EQ but I just had a bady reported a few weeks ago for a medical bill from 3 years ago. I did a pay to delete and it's come off TU but waiting for EQ. I supposed EQ had better things to do right now with the hackings that are going on. If I pull the trigger I prefer to wait for that medical bill to be deleted.
Message 26 of 191
schsa210
Established Contributor

And this guy has been trying the "new" pre-approval site for the past 2 days and all he's been getting is:

"Oops. Something went wrong.

There was an error processing your request. We were unable to check for pre-approval at this time. Please try again later."

Guess that's their nice way of saying "No soup for you!"

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 27 of 191
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Pre approval for Discover IT and Chrome.  Very tempting to get another one but I think 8 cards in one year is alot already.  What do you guys think?  

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 28 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's one more @sdsoccerdad lol.. the year is almost over
Message 29 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.