cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-Approval with Solid APRs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Discover via new Pre-Approval site!

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

For those of you that have pre-approvals would you recommend applying through that page or through the amazon promotional link that offers $75 off your first purchase if you apply through their site?

I checked for pre-approvals a few days ago but didn't bite the bullet until I read your post. Was pre-approved for another IT card and Chrome and something else I think. Didn't even know that $75 Amazon was an available offer. I applied through the Amazon promotion and was eventually approved. Had to upload two documents. A chat window appeared and I finished the rest on that. Verified some info and then said I was approved. Already had a IT card that was previously a More card. Currently at $9500. Can't get a CLI on it anymore for the life of me. This card has a SL of $5500. Thanks for the tip! 

Message 70 of 191
chaos51
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

For those of you that have pre-approvals would you recommend applying through that page or through the amazon promotional link that offers $75 off your first purchase if you apply through their site?

I checked for pre-approvals a few days ago but didn't bite the bullet until I read your post. Was pre-approved for another IT card and Chrome and something else I think. Didn't even know that $75 Amazon was an available offer. I applied through the Amazon promotion and was eventually approved. Had to upload two documents. A chat window appeared and I finished the rest on that. Verified some info and then said I was approved. Already had a IT card that was previously a More card. Currently at $9500. Can't get a CLI on it anymore for the life of me. This card has a SL of $5500. Thanks for the tip! 

@Anonymous were you approved for the same APR that was shown in your pre-approval?

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 71 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone asked earlier about having a new card in the last year and I've been meaning to stop lurking on these forums, so!

I opened a discover secured in July, and the rejected response I got was:

THE NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS WITH DISCOVER FINANCIAL SERVICES

Last I spoke with a rep, I was told I could PC or apply for a new card (inquiring about a student card after the fact) once the secured card was made unsecure.

What surprised me about the preapproval was getting a credit score back on the results. It gave me a FICO XD score of 716 with a list of reasons that'd affect it. Granted I didn't know what a FICO XD was at first, but still, higher than any fall score I've been watching (665ish for reference)

Message 72 of 191
fmctatum
Valued Member

Received my card in yesterday's mail. The bronze is so beautiful in person, lol. And like @climbingthemountain, no HP on my reports yet.

Message 73 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chaos51 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

@Anonymous were you approved for the same APR that was shown in your pre-approval?

The terms showed a wide range and not a specific APR like I saw on the pre-appoval link. Once I get the items in the mail I'll know what rate I was approved for and update. Even if it is different, it would not have made a difference to me. I will be paying in full each month.

Message 74 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

8k approved for the Miles card. To all of you who have provided your experiences from the pre-approval to receiving the card, thank you. Sincerely.
Message 75 of 191
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Mine should actually have just been delivered.  Can't wait to go home and activate it.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 76 of 191
Leonardc2
Valued Member

Took a shot.  Currently have IT with $10,500 CL.  Preapproved for IT and Chrome and applied for second IT. Approved!! $13,000 CL!

Ficos - 838 Ex, 818 Trans. 838 EQ

Message 77 of 191
ginger1477
Regular Contributor

😮 have a secured card, tried the preapproval and selected the chrome. Did the full app and got nice and anxious as that wheel kept spinning. Finally it settled and told me to call in. I did, and after verification questions got approved for 5k.
So stunned. Thanks to all of you for sharing.
Capital One Quicksilver: 14k * Alliant: 4k * BoA: 6k * Discover 5k * Best Buy Visa: 10k * Amex BCE: 7k, Amex Everyday: 1k * Target RedCard: 9k * Walmart: 10k * Citi 2k * Care Credit: 10k
Message 78 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all the approvals! So excited for everyoe! 

I also tried to pre-approval (I have the IT at the moment) and forgot my files are on ice. Whoops! Maybe some other day Smiley Happy

Message 79 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.