cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Pre-Approval with Solid APRs

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Discover via new Pre-Approval site!

Wow congratulations to all that have applied through this method and approved. So this is confirmed to be a sp only and no hp?

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 80 of 191
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Since seeing the new pre-approval form, and getting a solid APR, I couldn't resist applying,  Approved for IT card with $7000 starting line.  I had to upload SS card and a credit card statement for proof of address.

Interesting part is I applied on Thursday and still have not seen a hard pull on any bureaus.   Really?  No hard pull for the new account.  I did not have a Discover card in my lineup prior to approval. As always, YMMV.  Will update if I see one appear.  I do use the Discover scorecard, so I wondered if that, and a soft pull on EQ for preapproval, was enough.

At time of app:

Scores: EX 747 TU 738 EQ 767

inquiries: EX 13 TU 5 EQ 9

Utilization: 8%

One 30 day from 3 years ago on EX and TU

I just couldn't let the Disco train go by without me on it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 81 of 191
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow congrats to everyone on their successSmiley Happy Hop aboard GidgetmomSmiley Happy. Now that ive got my new card, since they sent me a new card because of possible fraud, it seems ive been relegated back to last car , standing room only by the railing, i dont even have bt offers anymore. Cli requests are replied with a heavy accent, NO SOUP FOR YOU!. AH well, at least i can live precariously through the many approvals of my Fico familySmiley Happy
Message 82 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else noticed it was a soft pull. Was approved yesterday ($1000 toy limit) but no hp. Updated Equifax report in their website (free premiere member after eq breach) and no hard pull has shown up. I do see a sp tho. Strange isn't it? 

Message 83 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

@credit_endurance wrote:

Wow congratulations to all that have applied through this method and approved. So this is confirmed to be a sp only and no hp?

So far no HP for me. However, always be willing to take a HP when you apply for credit or request a CLI even though other people report SPs. 

Message 84 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see so many wonderful approvals here using the new Discover pre-approved site. I've never received an offer under the old system and using the new system I only get an offer for the secured card. I am a little curious why and was looking for a little more insight from you knowlegable users. I do understandstand that everyone's situation varies.

Data Points:

EX - TU - EQ

673 (F8) - 663 (F8) - 654 (F8)

10% Utl - all 3

1 INQ - 4 INQ - 4 INQ

AAoA - 3.5 yrs

AoOA - 6.9 yrs

1-60 day late 15 mths ago (unsuccessful GW's for 3 cc) - all 3

no other baddfies, use the AZEO method

5 cc, recent auto loan not reporting yet

Income: $65,000

In the opinion of you more experienced members and Discover card holders, do you think it's the 60 day lates holding me back for an unsecured Discover? I took a big hit to my score from this and it seems like my score is just now starting to rebound within the last few months.

Thanks in advance and appreciate any advice and/or insight!

Message 85 of 191
Leonardc2
Valued Member

Just confirming what appears to be a pattern. I was approved for a second IT card yesterday, and No hard pull yet.
Message 86 of 191
TaterDawg
New Contributor

Just realized I might be an idiot. 

I got the prequalify email with a code a few days ago, but held off on applying.  Then I started reading this thread, and got my interest piqued into trying for a 2nd Discover card, so I went to the prequal site and applied.   After going through a few rounds of verification (had to upload DL and SS card, then call in and answer security questions), I was approved for a second card at $3000 (my first card is $19000 and over a year old).

Just occurred to me that I didn't use my pre-qual email/code for this new application. Would that have made any difference in what I was approved for, spending limit-wise?

As of 12/11/2023: FICO8- EQ- 828, TU-820, EX-810 - FICO9- EQ- 853, TU- 851, EX- 820 - FICO10- EQ- 822, TU-815, EX-787

* DCU Platinum $10K * USAA Rewards Sig Visa $18k * Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $7k * Kohls $3k * Amazon Store $10k * Citi DC $5.8k * Discover IT $5.8k * AmEx EveryDay $4.1k * Chase Freedom $3k * CapOne WEMC $10k * Barclay Cashforward $6.9k * Citi Premier $3.6k * USAA AmEx Cashback Rewards $18k * BoA Platinum Plus $15k * USBank Kroger 1-2-3 $10.5k * Amex Hilton Honors $8.7k * PenFed Platinum Rewards $10k * PayPal Credit $5.3k * NFCU GoRewards $18.6k * Walmart MC $10k * AMEX BCP $5K * 5/3 Bank Truly Simple $4.5k * AMEX Gold* CapOne Venture $10K* Chase Southwest RR $7.9k* Citi Costco $7k* Sam's Club MC $10k*
Message 87 of 191
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely

Message 88 of 191
schsa210
Established Contributor

@   - what message did you receive from the site having your files frozen?

~buried myself in the garden~
Message 89 of 191
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.