Re: Discover Secured CLI Trick?

Sidebar;

Is wells the only bank that secures up to $10,000.oo

???

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd have to wonder if trying to beef up the line at the last minute might delay graduation in the sense that they may not be as ready to unsecure a 2K card as a $500 one. Just speculation...

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's exactly what I was thinking or even within the last 3 months
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe there is a soft delay of sorts.....hopefully we gain some gd feed back!😃
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's weird you have to apply to increase your secured credit limit especially since it accrues no interest. I just submitted the request over the phone and they said I'd been approved to give them up to $2,100 more (making my CL $2,500) I gave them my income information along with my fiancée's. I ended up only adding $300 because the holidays are coming up so I want to be able to spend at least $600+ Especially because Discover allows you to use the purchase protection feature for Black Friday!

Purchase protection is a feature they have that if you buy an item and the price goes down anytime within 90 days you can fill out a form and they will verify the price change and send you a check it's a main reason I got Discover Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 20
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't believe that US Bank unsecures their secured card.

So far Discover is the only one I think this works with.

I had a US Bank HD Secured that unsecured at the one year mark.

I did have to request it and eat a HP to get it done though

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@woodyman100-

Did you PC? And how about CLI?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 18 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sidebar;

Is wells the only bank that secures up to $10,000.oo

???

BofA can secure up to 10k. Online they say $4,900 is the max, but DW was able to increase to 5k just before graduation. They told her that they can secure up to 10K.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis-

THKS for info
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.