Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover cli issue past 6 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover cli issue past 6 months

Just a quick question to see if anyone is getting the insufficient experience at current limit beyond 6 months since their last cli? I'm on month 7 with no luck. I'm using about 1/3 of my limit monthly and pif every month.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover cli issue past 6 months

Update: I tried last night on my laptop and was denied. I just saw the post about the cli button on the app so I tried there...and given a $300 increase. I cancelled the request though.
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, many are having this issue.  I'm over 7 months now with no CLI.  If you check out the Unofficial Discover Data Points thread, you'll see that many are reporting this same problem.  It seems those with higher limits are experiencing it more, though.  I think only 1 or 2 people with > $20k limits have gotten CLIs recently, where those with lower limits have reported more success, but still things have been stalled out across the board for some time now.

Message 3 of 26
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Yep same here.   I'm a week past past month 6 since my last Disco CLI and no luck yet.   My CL is $18K.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

In a draught not good to turn down waterSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Wife is at 7 months ($27.5k) and I am at 5 months ($6.5k). Maybe I'll try requesting on the app instead before my statement closes next month.
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the website isn’t working but the app does?
Message 7 of 26
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
So the website isn’t working but the app does?

Could also just be a timing thing, like when someone was on the 90 day train and got denied at 89 days but was given a CLI on day 90.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:
Wife is at 7 months ($27.5k) and I am at 5 months ($6.5k). Maybe I'll try requesting on the app instead before my statement closes next month.

Interesting point that you bring up here that I had not thought about previously, which would be CLI requests via other means than the Discover web site.  If in fact there's an issue of some sort with their web site CLI request software, perhaps requesting via a different means would be worth trying.  I didn't even know about doing it through an app.  Also, is there a phone method?  I'm curious about any other possibilities here...

Message 9 of 26
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just a quick question to see if anyone is getting the insufficient experience at current limit beyond 6 months since their last cli? I'm on month 7 with no luck. I'm using about 1/3 of my limit monthly and pif every month.

I just passed the 6 months mark and am still getting that baloney.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.