Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover cli

tag
corradovr6
Contributor

Discover cli

I just got caught off guard by clicking the luv button on Discover and it went to a screen I'm not accustomed to after a year and a half. Hoping someone here would give me some cliffnotes(guidance). Asks for Total gross income, Employer name, and montly housing. Then at bottom it says after reviewing your information we may need to pull a credit report, which may affect your score. In these cases we will only proceed with your consent. There isn't a field that asks how much I would like to ask for. So can i fill in the information and they would decide how much? Or is this most likely a hard pull application? Would there be a screen after this that would ask me if I want my credit report reviewed. I don't want a hard pull.

discover-$27,400 freedom vs-$7,000 credit union-$8,200 Blispay-$I make more money than them Tran-785 Exp-784 Equ-797
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover cli

@corradovr6 wrote:

I just got caught off guard by clicking the luv button on Discover and it went to a screen I'm not accustomed to after a year and a half. Hoping someone here would give me some cliffnotes(guidance). Asks for Total gross income, Employer name, and montly housing. Then at bottom it says after reviewing your information we may need to pull a credit report, which may affect your score. In these cases we will only proceed with your consent. There isn't a field that asks how much I would like to ask for. So can i fill in the information and they would decide how much? Or is this most likely a hard pull application? Would there be a screen after this that would ask me if I want my credit report reviewed. I don't want a hard pull.

The page your on is the first of a few. After you fill in the requested info, it should then take to you a page of what your asking for. After you fill that in, it will notify you that if they need more info(ie; hardpull) that they will ask you to make sure it's something you wanna do. Disc is nice enough that it's always a SP, unless they require more info, then they ASK you if you wanna do a HP.

Message 2 of 11
Chris679
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@corradovr6 wrote:

The page your on is the first of a few. After you fill in the requested info, it should then take to you a page of what your asking for. After you fill that in, it will notify you that if they need more info(ie; hardpull) that they will ask you to make sure it's something you wanna do. Disc is nice enough that it's always a SP, unless they require more info, then they ASK you if you wanna do a HP.

Yes, they have a good system.  You can also call the CSR and they can walk you through it but the online interface is pretty straightforward and easy to use. 

Message 3 of 11
shoo
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@corradovr6 wrote:

+1

Personally, I did my SP CLI a few days ago with the online chat and it was painless. I got to know immediately if I got it and I was explicitly told it would be a SP. I've read on other posts that some people are getting "We need to review X days..." messages after using the online interface. So it's really your preference if you're willing to wait I guess. 

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 4 of 11
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

@corradovr6 wrote:

So i took a gamble and I filled out the income stuff and it took me to a page where it says i was approved for CLI. They decided how much to increase and you can decide whether to take the max offered or a lower amount. I'm assuming its a SP since it didnt ask me anything else. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kayvee_ wrote:

@corradovr6 wrote:

So i took a gamble and I filled out the income stuff and it took me to a page where it says i was approved for CLI. They decided how much to increase and you can decide whether to take the max offered or a lower amount. I'm assuming its a SP since it didnt ask me anything else. 

Yep, softpull. If you had asked for more, for example, that's when it would actually tell you they need more info. That's when it's your choice if you want the hardpull Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

they are updating their info on you as well as reviewing your account. if there aren't any flags once you enter the info, they will give you a CLI, but you don't have the choice of how much- they decide.  if there are flags (lets say your income skyrocketed/declined, housing payment increased/decreased) they will tell you they need to HP. you'll have the option of accepting or declining the HP. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@corradovr6 wrote:

Thank you for clarifying the new procedure.

Message 8 of 11
alakazam
New Contributor

I updated my info and got a $1500 cli for my $1000 limit. happy

Message 9 of 11
johnpalley
Established Contributor

guys i just activated my discover card today so its a new account. im seeing the same link that the threadstarter see's, account>credit options>credit line increase. im wondering exactly how this works. do some people not see the credit line increase link under accounts if there not eligible? because im able to see this link does that mean i should try to get a soft pull increase? im not sure how this all works and id love to have a higher limit because they only started me out with $7500. for my credit score i wanted to start with a 10k limit minimum. i know my account is new but what do you guys think?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.