cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it - Declined, but no credit inquiry?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it - Declined, but no credit inquiry?!

I applied for Discover It last week and was declined.  I called and they said it was due the 2 paid tax liens on my Equifax report.  I also applied for a Chase card that same day.

4 days later I ran my credit check total report, and there are no inquiries from Discover.  Chase appeared instantly.  I am glad I didn't take an inquiry hit from Discover, but I am still confused by it. 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it - Declined, but no credit inquiry?!

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for Discover It last week and was declined.  I called and they said it was due the 2 paid tax liens on my Equifax report.  I also applied for a Chase card that same day.

4 days later I ran my credit check total report, and there are no inquiries from Discover.  Chase appeared instantly.  I am glad I didn't take an inquiry hit from Discover, but I am still confused by it. 

Was the CCT report for all 3 bureaus or just EX?  I could be that the INQ is just slow to report.  Keep us posted.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was all 3 on CCT. Discover pulled Equifax as it is the only one with the public records showing. Even Credit Karma does not show it.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for my discover it it took almost a week for my hp to show. I was excited thinking I was gonna get the hp hit but I did. 

Message 4 of 18
thummel
Established Contributor

It will probably hit within the next few days. Sometimes inquiries get delayed for whatever reason.
Message 5 of 18
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Maybe its like a tax free weekend !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took about a week and a half for mine to show up.  Maybe 2.  I opened it the last week of April/first of May and I want to say it was in my mid month Credit Karma update when I noticed the hit.

*Edited because my typing is horrific.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and still no inquiry on my credit report.

Message 8 of 18
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

Did you perhaps apply within 30 days of a previous application? I know when I was trying to get my bank (BofA) to approve me for Travel Rewards that I had a huge jump in CS (80 pts) between April and May... and when I applied in May I had to call for them to review a new inquiry. Then I was approved.

Just a thought? Or maybe you got away with a Get Out of Jail free card!

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, but I had previously tried to sign up for a Discover Scorecard account. Every time I log in, it says they can not give me a score, or I have no fico (which I know I do). No idea why I have not taken a hit. Still have not gotten a denial letter in the mail either. Called disco to recon, but she said they wouldnt due to my paid tax liens. Thats the only derrogg on my EQ report (which they obviously looked at.)
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.