Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Pre-qual site...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it Pre-qual site...

Well, this is very weird. I am early in my rebuilding and these forums have been extremely informative and instructive in helping me work through a well grounded credit strategy. Because of the info gleaned here I have been able to erase several old baddies and scrub some old/or incorrect data from my reports and 2 of my scores have improved measurably improved EQ want give me any luv though!!!

Anyway, I've wanted an in with Discover for a long time and over the past month since signing up here I've gone to their pre-qual site several times using Firefox browser and always got the "we have no offers for you at this time" sort of response but just now I was reading another thread and just for kicks opened my Safari browser and got this;

Here's The Card We Found For You
The Discover it® card is changing the game.
Double cash back at the end of your first year. See Terms
Your Offer

No Annual Fee*
0% Intro Purchase APR* for 12 months and then 11.24% – 23.24% Standard Variable Purchase APR based on your credit worthiness.
0% Intro Balance Transfer APR* for 12 months from date of first transfer, for transfers under this offer that post to your account by May 10, 2016 and then 11.24% – 23.24% Standard Variable Purchase APR* based on your credit worthiness.
3% fee for each balance transferred .

Blah, blah, blah!!!

Is this a good offer or would I be taking a chance for a denial if I got through with the app???

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it Pre-qual site...

Let us know if you get approved. I am interested <3 GL. Hope you get in with DIscover

Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Let us know if you get approved. I am interested <3 GL. Hope you get in with DIscover

I'm scared to pull the trigger until someone gives me the go ahead, LOL!!! In all honesty I am though. I've racked up a bunch of INQ's over the past monthand most of them have been successful. Don't want to waste them on denials.

Although I've seen some outrageously high numbers of INQ's reported by others. One as high a 70, YIKES!!! I'm no where near that and dwon around 5-8 depending on which bureau.

I want to do it so bad but I'm leaving the page open and I'll do it as soon as I hear some positive feedback.

Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm scared to pull the trigger until someone gives me the go ahead, LOL!!! In all honesty I am though. I've racked up a bunch of INQ's over the past monthand most of them have been successful. Don't want to waste them on denials.

Although I've seen some outrageously high numbers of INQ's reported by others. One as high a 70, YIKES!!! I'm no where near that and dwon around 5-8 depending on which bureau.

I want to do it so bad but I'm leaving the page open and I'll do it as soon as I hear some positive feedback.

well you already have so many inq, why not just try. they dont affect your score after a year and they fall off in 2 years. GOGOGOGO.pull that trigger fast

Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crap!!!

Why didn't I wait???

Dear XXX XXXXX,

Thank you for your recent Discover® card application. Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your request at this time for the following reason(s):

EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF CREDIT BUREAU INQUIRIES IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS
PAST AND/OR PRESENT DELINQUENT CREDIT OBLIGATIONS
INSUFFICIENT CREDIT HISTORY IN BANK REVOLVING ACCOUNTS

Is this worth recon'ing???

Message 5 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes recon, tell them that all those cards that you have is store cards and this one is a real credit card which will be your main. Also, since you have all the cards you need you wont need to apply for any. Tell them you are willing to start from a low balance to gain there trust..

Idk if that will work but I am sorry to hear the denial. If you got it, I would of apped right after you :/ Well, work on the raising your credit limits on the other cards instead of obtaining more credit cards would be my suggestion

Message 6 of 41
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Wish I would of saw this thread before you applied...  I could tell you their pre-qual isn't reliable at all as you can put your dogs name in their with a fake last 4 ssn and get a "match"..  If those are you current scores in your signature that would also be a big issue.  Wish you would of waitied to pull the trigger until others had a moment to chime in Smiley Sad..  Sorry about the denial

BTW discover doesn't recon, but if you want a secured card you might be able to call them to see if they will offer you the secured version of the discover it card.

I am guessing they pulled EQ and best chance are with EQ > 680 or higher.

Message 7 of 41
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

What we are finding out via trial and error is the pre qual site does work but you have to look for the 3 point spread. 16.24%-19.24% etc.. If you get a wide range dont do it. Example>>

Your Offer

No Annual Fee*
0% Intro Purchase APR* for 12 months and then 11.24% – 23.24% Standard Variable Purchase APR based on your credit worthiness. ( DONT DO IT)

if you get a silver card...dont do it.

The Burgandy and Plum /Purple cards are what we are finding they show with a 3 point gap are approvals.

This is what the PLUM /Purple card looks like.

Discover IT_CHP_PLUM

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Wish I would of saw this thread before you applied...Me too. The strange part is that I haven't gotten a notice aobut the HP yet. CK usually alerts me as soon as it hits. Must be delayed and will come in the next day or so)  I could tell you their pre-qual isn't reliable at all as you can put your dogs name in their with a fake last 4 ssn and get a "match"..  If those are you current scores in your signature that would also be a big issue.  Wish you would of waitied to pull the trigger until others had a moment to chime in Smiley Sad..  Sorry about the denial

BTW discover doesn't recon, but if you want a secured card (I actually have several CC's both secured and unsecured there is just something about the Discover that attracts me) you might be able to call them to see if they will offer you the secured version of the discover it card.

I am guessing they pulled EQ and best chance are with EQ > 680 or higher.

Thanks for you reply.

Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ktl72455 wrote:

What we are finding out via trial and error is the pre qual site does work but you have to look for the 3 point spread. 16.24%-19.24% etc.. If you get a wide range dont do it. Example>>

Your Offer

No Annual Fee*
0% Intro Purchase APR* for 12 months and then 11.24% – 23.24% Standard Variable Purchase APR based on your credit worthiness. ( DONT DO IT)

if you get a silver card...dont do it.

The Burgandy and Plum /Purple cards are what we are finding they show with a 3 point gap are approvals.

This is what the PLUM /Purple card looks like.

Discover IT_CHP_PLUM

Hmmmm, I'll have to remember that one.

Thanks for your reply. This truly is the best forum for straight forward info...

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.