Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover secured card

Hi I'm looking to get my Discover secured card upgraded to an unsecured card but each time I contact the customer service they tell me I'll have to wait until my account it reviewed. But they can't tell me when they will actually review it. I've had this card for 1 yr 3months with a low limit of 300 no misses or late payments and paid off every month. Is there a back door number I can call for this PLEASE HELP
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover secured card

Hi! Unforuntely they say they "review" accounts each month once you get to 7 statements. I believe this happens automatically. How have you been using the card like do you PIF or carry a balance? Do you know your current FICO score?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the time I PIF but if I do carry a bal it's below 50 no missed or late payments. And according to Discover my score is 617 but KC much lower TU 574 EQ 570
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ignore Credit Karma, meaningless number there.

TU at 617 is a bit on the low side, what's keeping your scores down?

Questions:

• Do you have 3 or more open credit cards?
  • Is your overall utilization less than 9% aggregate?
  • Do you have any credit cards reporting more than 29% utilization individually?
  • Do you have at least one open installment loan reporting (mortgage, auto, personal, etc)?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok. I think you’ll need to get your scores up a smidgen more before they’ll unsecure you. I’m not 100% certain but I think to be unsecured you’d have to be eligible for a regular card with them. What kind of negative items are still on your reports that’s holding your scores down?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was recently unsecured with them at 7 months. My scores are between 620 and 640. I used the card heavily though had a 2500 limit and pif each month, be patient it will come. Dv
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have a few baddies I'm working on getting off. I have 5 cc reporting all current no late or missed payments. Cc overall utilization is below 30 but individually 2 are more than 30, which I know I have to get down. 1 auto loan that I just refi with Cap1 which the old loan is showing PIF/closed on EQ but Cap1 hasn't showed up yet and 1 personal loan
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I do have a few baddies I'm working on getting off. I have 5 cc reporting all current no late or missed payments. Cc overall utilization is below 30 but individually 2 are more than 30, which I know I have to get down. 1 auto loan that I just refi with Cap1 which the old loan is showing PIF/closed on EQ but Cap1 hasn't showed up yet and 1 personal loan

Disco seems to be slower if you have a lot of accounts. What are the baddies about?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections : Credit One 738, Comcast 220, WalMart 717, Hunter 3700 ( breaking my lease) and I have 2 charge offs with Cap1 they don't show up as collections but they do under closed accounts with a bal maybe because I'm in the process of paying them off idk
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.