Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

Correct above.  And if you receive an auto CLI, hammer that online CLI button again ASAP and enjoy what will likely be a second CLI at or around the amount that you just received automatically.

Message 21 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

And if you do that and don't get the 2-day you need to call the number listed and ask for your double dipper.

Message 22 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

My account was opened on 8/7. Initial cl of 1000. No auto increase at 90 days. Denied on 9/17 and 10/17. 500 cli on 11/17.  About 1200 ish spend month 1. 11 dollars spend months 2 and 3. Going to be about 1500 spend this month. Score on approval was 674. Month 2 score 662. Month 3 score 680. Score is now 726. copied from other thread * Getting a $500 might mean something though.  11/mo should garner more than $500 CLI.* <<What does this mean?  Im thinking every other month is what you meant?

Message 23 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know this to be the case for certain, but the fact that you requested multiple CLIs from Discover prior to 90 days may not have been the best "look" for your new account.  Looks like your first request was about 5 weeks in and then another a month after that.  Those two denials could have prevented what may have been an auto CLI prior to 90 days.  No way to know for sure of course.

I personally wouldn't recommend that anyone request a CLI with Discover prior to 90 days, with the sole exception being if you receive an auto CLI first.

Once that happens or 90 days elapses, though, I say it's "game on" with respect to CLI requests and you can hammer away.  Some people do it monthly, some bi-monthly, others as much as weekly and there have been success (and lack of) stories with all methods.  Definitely profile-specific, no doubt - you just need to find what works for you and ride that train until it doesn't work.  Then you try something else.  Just like everything in life, if it ain't broke don't fix it and you don't get different results by doing the same thing.

Message 24 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

$1000 opening limit

$500 CLI on the 90 day mark-ish

$11/mo is actually more what they would be looking for or slightly more up to 100-150/mo for a typical spend to maxmize your CLI amounts down the road.

Putting the big spend on in the first month might spook them a bit when it comes to your first 90 day review.  Still a $500 is 50% of your original limit.  Maybe pull back this anticipated $1500 spend and wait until January for the next attempt.  If you go to my first year post link above it took a month more to get another CLI and 60 days after that for the next one.  While it doesn't hurt to request one per month it doesn't make the clock move any quicker as you'll see with my weekly requests I was making for awhile to time things out with them.  60 days or every other month seems ideal for most requests and their documentation actuall advises every 6 months if you go into the help section under your account.  I want to see people succeed in growing their accounts and not to get discouraged with lame CLI's or denials because of hitting it too soon or putting too much spend on it to make them gun shy.  

Message 25 of 1,821
cjc6464
New Contributor

I am 18 years old, 

I just got approved for a Discover it Card with a 753 with a $1000 limit. How long till I hit the CLI button??

UTL= 5%
Chase Freedom Flex- $700
Navy Federal More Rewards Amex- $8,500
Navy Federal Cash Rewards- $1,000
PenFed Power Cash- $2,500
Macys- $800
Shell Mastercard- $800
Discover- $1,000
USAA Rewards Amex-$6,000
Best Buy-$6,000
AMEX BCP- $1,000
Target Redcard- $300
Navy Federal PLOC- $2,000
Penfed Auto- 4.04%
Discover Student Loan- 27k @ 26K
Message 26 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@cjc6464 wrote:

I am 18 years old, 

I just got approved for a Discover it Card with a 753 with a $1000 limit. How long till I hit the CLI button??

Discover and CLI's:

First one isn't until 90 days unless you see an Auto CLI post to your account and then you can hit the CLI button and more than likely get the remainder of the cash on the table.

Some have reported double dipping on CLIs by calling 800-347-4856 the same day and doubling up on the CLI  ( this only works on the instant request and not the 2-day messages)

Someone had a question in another thread regarding when to use the number and I did a little more research and found it's only when you want to bump your instant SP request and not the traditional 2-day message requests.  Also, this is their "Lending" group for CLI's if you need to increase the amount over what's offered these are the people that can help do that and it may require a HP to do so depending on their initial review of the SP approval amount.

800-347-4856

Assuming these are EST:

MON-FRI 7AM-12AM
SAT-SUN 8AM-12AM

Message 27 of 1,821
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Very good information for us new "Disco'ers", thanks for these data points !  

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 28 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my 2nd Statement.. 1 More and I will go crazy with the Luv Button LOLZ!!

Returning back the favor..

Until now, I'm still getting prequalified offers in the mail for Discover IT.

Message 29 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

It takes a couple of mo's for marketing to take you off the list after you're approved.  i ended up getting a couple a week for awhile after being approved.

Message 30 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.