Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

Is the phone call for the double dip automated or does it go to the UW?

Plus I got my CLI online at 11:45 pm. I wonder if this morning at 8 I can still get it.
Message 51 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

It's not automated.  You end up speaking with an analyst.  I can't say for sure if it will work the following morning but, a quick 3 minute phone call could be a good data point if it works the morning after.  Since it's a live person they'll be able to ask for a HP or use the SP and you'll be able to decide instead of the automated route that for some can result in a HP.  While I was working on my latest one I couldn't find an automated prmopt for a CLI no matter which tree option I hit.  Could be because there was already one pending from the online request or they got rid of the phone request w/o talking to CSR's.

Message 52 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative. Guess we know now not to try the button when they are closed if you want to double dip.

Still happy with my CLI.
Message 53 of 1,821
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Tomorrow (Fri) my 3rd statement will cut.(90 days) Like I posted earlier in your thread Austin. I got $800 SP luv CLI at 58 days. Hit the button again last Sat and got the 2 days message. Well its been almost a week and no reply yet. So hopefully in the am when the statement cuts. I'll know whether or not the luv button request or the 90 day auto CLI will hit I suppose. I'll update for your thread.

Message 54 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Fire - I would probably just call them to see if they got to it in the queue.  They know right away when they pull up your information on the system when you call in.  Weekends seem to be when things aren't worked as much on their side even though the phone hours would indicate that they do.  It's possible it's already approved but needs a final sign off by a supv or something.  When mine went through on Monday and showed up online the follow up e-mail didn't hit the inbox until 1:19 am this morning.  Yet when I called Fri out of curiousity they already had approved it.

Message 55 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just out of curiosity-do you or did you work for Discover Austin or just know a lot about them?
Message 56 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I don't work for them but, I've got their card and did plenty of research on them while working through the first year with the card to compile things here.  I tend to be analytical when it comes to poaching CC's I'm interested in before pulling the trigger and going for the approval.  Since getting the card though it's been sort of a mission to gather more information about how they do things and probe them from CLI's weekly to finally calling them last week to investigate the CLI process when you fall into the 2-day review scenario.  There doesn't seem to be a reason that triggers the 2-day like a specific CL or anything else.  The only thing I can think of is the frequency of the requests but, then again there's some on here that get a 30 day window with instant sliders and others on 90 days but, there's everyone else that seem to get the 2-day every time.  I guess maybe I just pick up on patterns in posts and results and try to make sense of them whereas others just take the money and run.  

Message 57 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. I'm happy you did the research. Smiley Happy
Message 58 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

You'll get an auto denial if you hit the button in the first 90 days unless they give you an auto.  The upside is they don't pull and AMEX and make you wait 90 days after a denial.  Just wait it out for the auto or 90 days whichever comes first.

I don't believe this is true for everyone. I got my Discover October 2015 and in December 2015 (around 60 days after opening the account) I requested a CLI (not auto CLI before). They increased my initial credit limit from $1,000 to $4,000. Today my limit is $24,500.

Joster

Message 59 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first CLI after 60 days. From $1000 to $4000.
@austinguy907 wrote:

@cjc6464 wrote:

I am 18 years old, 

I just got approved for a Discover it Card with a 753 with a $1000 limit. How long till I hit the CLI button??

Discover and CLI's:

First one isn't until 90 days unless you see an Auto CLI post to your account and then you can hit the CLI button and more than likely get the remainder of the cash on the table.

Some have reported double dipping on CLIs by calling 800-347-4856 the same day and doubling up on the CLI  ( this only works on the instant request and not the 2-day messages)

Someone had a question in another thread regarding when to use the number and I did a little more research and found it's only when you want to bump your instant SP request and not the traditional 2-day message requests.  Also, this is their "Lending" group for CLI's if you need to increase the amount over what's offered these are the people that can help do that and it may require a HP to do so depending on their initial review of the SP approval amount.

800-347-4856

Assuming these are EST:

MON-FRI 7AM-12AM
SAT-SUN 8AM-12AM

Message 60 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.