Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
kugel
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

How do u know before u click the CLI button that is going to be  a SP and not a HP?

Message 61 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:

How do u know before u click the CLI button that is going to be  a SP and not a HP?

If you click the CLI button, it is a SP unless they tell you it has to be a HP, then you can decline it. They won't do a HP without letting you know first.

Message 62 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, austinguy907, for doing so much research and trials on Discover. I wish I would have had this when I first got my Discover card, but I'm glad this info is available to those just starting with them now.

I am a lucky one that they made wait 4 months before my first CLI, 126 days to be exact. Maybe it's because I asked too many times in the first 90 days. I will find out on the 14th if I am on the 30 day train, or something longer. Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 1,821
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

You'll get an auto denial if you hit the button in the first 90 days unless they give you an auto.  The upside is they don't pull and AMEX and make you wait 90 days after a denial.  Just wait it out for the auto or 90 days whichever comes first.

I don't believe this is true for everyone. I got my Discover October 2015 and in December 2015 (around 60 days after opening the account) I requested a CLI (not auto CLI before). They increased my initial credit limit from $1,000 to $4,000. Today my limit is $24,500.

Joster

Now that's intreresting since they told me I couldn't until 90 days and then spotted the auto and hit the button right after for an instant CLI.  Unfortunately I can't test the theory of under 90 days like you did since well I'm not looking for 2 cards.  It doesn't surprise me though that it worked as nothing is set in stone with any lender even though they say their policy is XX days.  This helps in building up the repository of info for other users though here in this thread.  Thanks joster!!

Message 64 of 1,821
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

You'll get an auto denial if you hit the button in the first 90 days unless they give you an auto.  The upside is they don't pull and AMEX and make you wait 90 days after a denial.  Just wait it out for the auto or 90 days whichever comes first.

I don't believe this is true for everyone. I got my Discover October 2015 and in December 2015 (around 60 days after opening the account) I requested a CLI (not auto CLI before). They increased my initial credit limit from $1,000 to $4,000. Today my limit is $24,500.

Joster

Hi, can you share your expending, if your score changed and anything else that you think helped you with your CLI request? That may help austinguy907.

Message 65 of 1,821
kugel
Valued Contributor

Just to be sure wen I see this on the bottom of the CLI page is it the HP one ?

After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent.
Message 66 of 1,821
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Just received my first $4500 CLI after 2 day message. I didn't get anything last month and received $1500 the month before that. I've been in the $500 bucket for over a year. Most CLI's up until the last 4 months were 90 days apart. Now they're coming 30 to 60 days apart.
Message 67 of 1,821
newhis
Valued Contributor

@kugel wrote:
Just to be sure wen I see this on the bottom of the CLI page is it the HP one ?

After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent.

Yes, if you agree to it and continue they will HP you.

EDIT: Sorry, no, that information on the bottom is general. If after you submit your request they say that they need to pull your report and you need to put a check mark giving authorization, then they will proceed to pull your credit.

So, if you fill the information they either:

- give you a CLI

- say they need 2 days for your request

- they deny your request

- they will ask if you authorize them to pull your report to see if they can give you the CLI (this is HP)

Sorry I misunderstood what you wrote.

Message 68 of 1,821
kugel
Valued Contributor

Ok so i  need to wait for a page that doesn't say we may pull?

Message 69 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kugel wrote:

Ok so i  need to wait for a page that doesn't say we may pull?

If you are on the request credit limit increase page where you enter your information and then submit that does not mean they will do an HP after you fill it out and submit it if they then want to do an HP they will state that and you will have to check the box to authorize the HP. The verbiage at the bottom off the credit limit increase page states "After reviewing your application, we may need to pull a credit bureau report, which may affect your credit score. In these cases, we will proceed with the application only with your consent."
Message 70 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.