Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover unOfficial Data Points

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover unOfficial Data Points

4th statement cut today. No auto CLI. First one was a short one. I called to see what happened to the 2 day message. Been a week today. No responce. I called and it said we are unable to take your call at this time. They're closed on Sat?

Message 81 of 1,821
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey Austin, i know i shouldnt have but just for fun to see if by luck was part of the elite lol, hit luv button on day 60 but no soup for me. Day 90 up to bat soonSmiley Wink
Message 82 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know if they're closed on Saturday for you regular folk,  but I called today (saturdauy) to increase my deposit/CL for a secured card and spoke to a human (as is per usual with Discover, a very personable, friendly human).

Message 83 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got approved today for Discover 😁! (Gotta swap my spade but it's so worth it!)

Message 84 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Justagirl! That is awesome! Welcome to the Discover family.😀

Message 85 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Bella! I'm uber happy! 

I cold apped. I didn't receive any mailers or solid apr on the prequalify. I was denied in July for the secured version. (The help section, which I read after applying, basically told me I wouldn't be approved for the secured.) 

Message 86 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel, uber happy, because it is a great feeling to get a card you've wanted. I hope they gave you a good SL and/or that you are on the fast track for CLI's!

Message 87 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duh!!! I forgot to post the most important part 😂! 

I barely got in, and I'm at the kiddie table LOL BUT I DONT CARE! IM JUST HAPPY TO BE HERE 😬

S/L 1k with 18.24% apr. 

This is my lowest limit card along with Barclays who will probably be closed very soon. 

Message 88 of 1,821
Anonymous
Not applicable

My SL was $1000 too, but with a 23.24% APR. Growing the limits will be kinda fun, I guess! 

Message 89 of 1,821
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I have a little over 2 years experience with Discover. When I first got the card the limit was $500 and there was literally nothing on my credit report, just my name and address. I got an auto CLI to $900 about 7 months later. Most of the CLI's have been $500 but I noticed a pattern, I received a larger CLI of $1,500 when I had a somewhat of a large balance on my Discover card, when I got the $1,500, my util on Discover was 64%. Yesterday, I got a $7,000 whopper of a CLI and I had a pretty large util on the card as well. So it seems that with some profiles, Discover seems to like to see a semi large balance on the card. I have noticed as well that Discover doesn't seem to like if your profile is crowded with cards when you apply.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 90 of 1,821
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.